Mandarin Ducks

very very nice, i'm no expert, but might it be worth having a go at cloning out the sticks in #2?

gorgeous ducks!

Vi x

:) Thanks a lot guys.

I did toy with the idea of cloning out the twigs, but decided it would be difficult to execute because of the ripples on the water.

Nice shots Ant :)

Were these at Etherow? Earlier in the year, there was a pair that were near the hide.. they used to eat seed left around the feeder.. got some really close shots there.. but they stopped visiting after a couple of weeks :(

Nice set of shots

:) Thanks a lot mate.

Nice shots Ant :)

Were these at Etherow? Earlier in the year, there was a pair that were near the hide.. they used to eat seed left around the feeder.. got some really close shots there.. but they stopped visiting after a couple of weeks :(

Cheers Phil.
Yes these were at Etherow...3 Pairs on the backwater of the main lake and at least a further 10 pairs behind the pump house near the weir.

The male in the first shot had a mate on the bank with him, but they were spooked by a couple of walkers and both took flight before I could photograph her.

Great shots Ant, iv'e noticed quite a few behind the pump house too I hope they are there to stay as theyre beautiful birds.

Great shots! #2 for me (y) As for the stick, I dont think it distracts from the subject.

Beautiful shots :)

Many thanks mate.

Great shots Ant, iv'e noticed quite a few behind the pump house too I hope they are there to stay as theyre beautiful birds.

Cheers Mark, there are always a few pairs that winter at Etherow...It's just a case of tracking them down because they can be anywhere from the backwater to the Keg pool and quite often on the river.
I've quite often seen them on the River Goyt at Chadkirk (near the garden centre) as well.

Great shots! #2 for me (y) As for the stick, I dont think it distracts from the subject.

Thanks mate, I'm glad that the stick doesn't bother you.

Excellent set Anthony :clap: Nice clean, sharp colourful images, a couple of the crops are a tiny bit tight maybe, but that's being very picky :)

Thanks mate, I'm glad that the stick doesn't bother you.

:D Tbh I think if you have something like that in the frame it gives the picture a slight bit of depth and perspective.

Great Shots :clap:
Impressive ducks. I have only seen them once and it was going dark.
Posted some noisy shots.
When I went back a couple of days later in the daylight they were gone. :(

Back