Beginner Manfrotto mhxpro-bhq2

Name
Pamela
Edit My Images
No
Quick-release plate stuck [emoji15]. Think maybe I hastily attached it and the wrong way? Tried prising a screwdriver but there is hardly any play. Has this happened anyone else? Think I will have to bypass WEX and get in contact Manfrotto ? 1bc93c82-4194-45c5-bb17-5590d4866c7d.jpg

It has been a while since I used the Manfrotto QR like yours.......................so FWIW

I did not think it was possible to put it the wrong way round!
The picture shows it well seated, so just what is not working.............as in what happens when you turn the grey lever to start the release of it?

PS this picture shows the plate in the same orientation as yours
mhxpro-bhq2-bubble.jpg

Is it the safety anti-drop out lever that you have not used by any chance................as in, when you flip the grey rotating lever it semi releases the plate, to fully remove it AFAIK (as the design is that bit different to what I had ;) ) you then press the black thumb paddle just below the grey lever!

PPS
Forgot add the page I got this from, which also has the downloadable manual ;)
https://www.manfrotto.com/uk-en/xpro-ball-head-in-magnesium-with-200pl-plate-mhxpro-bhq2/

Last edited:
Although not the same model, I have just tried to mount a plate the wrong way round on my manfrotto head and found it impossible.
As box brownie, I ask if the grey lever releases half way by pulling it outwards away from the head? If so the plate should loosen but not seperate completely until you press the black thumb lever downwards whilst at the same time continuing to pull the grey lever outwards .... this will allow complete rom oval of the plate.

Watched the video of “Removal of Plate” over and over again & figured that I was not applying enough pressure when pulling on the tip of the grey lever. And hey presto it worked !! I cannot believe it [emoji2]. Thank-you gentleman both of you Box Brownie and Asha [emoji16]

Hi @Hampshirepam

Pleased you got it sorted :)

Remember when it comes to the unfamiliar, every day is a school day..........we can all learn something new no matter how 'experienced' we think we are ;)

Back