Manly Flowers

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm sorry the thread title is terribly misleading, I just wanted a somewhat original thread title :p. I did a bit of macro work this afternoon after staying away from it for a while, all of these were taken using my 60mm macro lens and some were taken with the use of extension tubes too.

I stopped doing macro so often because I couldn't make my photographs look either good or original but I thought I'd give it a go again today. These are supposed to be a bit different, any opinions would be wonderful.

Any thoughts on the slightly different photographs? For some reason I find the extremely shallow DoF on the second quite pleasing to look at. Maybe I'm just weird though :D. Thanks for the comments, they're much appreciated.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, any criticism about any of these? I always look for ways to improve but often I can't see glaringly obvious flaws in my photographs. You can be as harsh as you want, I have thick skin :p.

Any thoughts on the slightly different photographs? For some reason I find the extremely shallow DoF on the second quite pleasing to look at. Maybe I'm just weird though :D. Thanks for the comments, they're much appreciated.

I completely agree, I think a really shallow DOF looks really nice.

With number 2, I personally think it should focus more further back instead of on the front leaf there. But it's cool anywho's.

Love the 4th one, and the off-centre pink daisy one :)

Love 'em all - especially #2

You've done a great job with these - the colours and framing and dof is absolutely spot (well to my tastes anyway :D)

More please :)

Thanks for the kind comments all, they're much appreciated. What do people think of the flaws left on the flowers themselves? In the first the edges of some of the petals are slightly brown and it's the same for the second. I could have edited them to try and remove the flaws but I sort of like them, it stops them being a bit "too perfect" and unnatural. Perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree though :LOL:.

No. 1 and No. 4 are just beautiful. The 2nd and 3rd photos didn't do anything for me I'm afraid

Back