Mantis Pics

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
I took a couple pics of one of our Mantids and thought I d stick them up. Im not too keen on the, to be honest but they were the best I could get before she started to get annoyed lol so thought Id leave it for now. Hope you like them and all comments welcome.

IMG_01942.jpg

Picture_01c3.jpg

Picture_0c21.jpg

i think the first would look better with a little more DOF, and was it shot next to a window? I think the light from the right is a bit over powering.

I would prefer the other two in colour as well but there looks to be a bit of noise on them? high iso or PP?

But I think your on the right track just a lil twiddling (y)

not sure if its a reflection on the first or its actual eye but it seems to have a nice 'fly eye effect' if that makes sense? lol......would be a nice pic if you could capture it.

Fantastic Captures I Really Like No.1 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Thanks, I'll set up a tripod next time and try and get the lighting better. I did these free handed but should get better results the more I get used to using the extention tubes. Unfortunately because Im using extention tubes and dont have a real macro lens I cant do much about the depth of field because you cant change the F stops when its connected. I'll try a weaker set up to see if that helps. Cheers!

Last edited:
If your using tubes I would suggest a tripod unless it's on a stationary object.

I would still do hand held personally will help you improve your macro technique :)

Are you using auto focus or manual with the old rocking in and out technique?

Im doing manual and yeah slowly move back and forth snapping when the focus looks right.

Back