Margate Airshow 2008 Typhoon & Warbirds

Name
Barry Price
Edit My Images
No
Had a couple of hours on the seafront at Margate today......its just down the road from me and it was beautiful weather so I thought I'd have a look down there.Not a big show by any means but with the conditions it was well worth a look............here's some pictures........Cheers Barry

Eurofighter Typhoon
IMG_2912copy.jpg

The 'Blades'
IMG_3025copy.jpg

P51 Mustang 'Jumpin Jaques'
IMG_3306copy.jpg

Spitfire
IMG_3141copy.jpg

Wingwalkers
IMG_3413copy.jpg

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
IMG_3231copy.jpg

'Black Cats'
IMG_3090copy.jpg

Typhoon
IMG_2926copy.jpg

Cheers Barry

Last edited:
Cracking picture as ever..

Iv missed another flipping show!! i cant beleive it!! i missed the Bigging hill one too!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Im a Numpty!!! :shrug:

Its on again tomorrow Fraggle if you can make it down there..........I should imagine its going to be busy if the weather is the same as today......Cheers Barry

Great shots :clap:

Wow :eek: , really impressive sharpness in these shots.

Great captures.

Do you find the Typhoon display has too many belly shots and not enough top shots?

Stunning shots and the Mustang and Spitfire are in a league of their own!

:clap:

Wow, they're really sharp, what lenses did you use? and what sorta shutter speed do you need to get a good capture?

(y)Thanks everyone........
King_Boru......yes I do have a huge amout of 'Bottom Side' shots of the Typhoon and many other aircraft come to that!.......I think the 'Airshow rules' make the aircraft turn away from the crowd......hence the underneath showing alot of the time.......some display aircraft do have atleast one 'Topside' run along the crowd line but the Typhoon dosen't do it very often......pitty really.
Slapo:Yes I am guilty of close cropping sometimes....have to try and leave a little space on some shots.
Xplosion:I use a Sigma 80-400OS APO DG lens with a 350D.......the lens itself isn't the best for airshow photography...its A/f is a tad slow....The Canon 100-400IS is much better from that point of view.......but Ive had the Siggy a couple of years now and have adjusted my technique to suite its A/F performance.....nothing wrong with the optics.......some very nice detail can be captured.......you can't hack off a burst of shots with the sigma you have to pick your shots and space them to get consistant results with it.........on the 350D your working with 649mm and shutter speeds of 250th sec for propplanes so you have to be realistic with the amount of sharp images you get........with a bit of practice I get 'in tune' with it and it produces the goods.........thanks for commenting everyone.......a good little display down at Margate and a really nice venue at Joss Bay...........Cheers Barry

Last edited:
Back