Marianne's Mouse .....

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
..... squeaks like a real mouse! It's making me laugh every time she rolls the roller..... :LOL:

Does anyone have a cure? Is cheese a good idea or do I catch by the tail? It's a USB tail btw..... ;)

hehe

If you're very very adept, then a VERY very tiny drop of wd40 on the offending rollers pin. Too much and it will get on the roller itself and/or the ball, which isnt good.

Failing that, open her up and grease up the pin.

Failing that, get yourself to Asda, armed with about 3 quid and buy her a new optical one :D

hehe my mouse used to squeek too.

I would advise a light machine oil on the squeeky parts, wd 40 would do but it would be a bit awkward to to get it on accurately. (Think filling a pint glass with a pressure washer)

I have to say the easiest remedy is to buy a new optical one as Marcel suggested.

Microsoft recently re-released the only mouse worth talking about! The intelli v3.0.

Best cure is a sledge hammer Chuckles ... ;)

Then she'd have to buy a decent one ... :D

:p

I think the problem arose when I dropped some icing sugar from a piece of turkish delight on it....oh and its quite a special mouse really, it has a compact flash reader in it, I really like it, just this incessant squeaking, it does your head in, especially when every time I roll the wheel, Barry laughs!

Sorry, didn't explain properly.... :( It is an optical mouse... (not one of the threee blind mice) - it's the scroller wheel that squeaks.

It is SO funny though - continually makes me chuckle - hohum!

Turkish delight and computers don't mix Marianne.

You could always see if it's learned to swim.... in a pint glass.
Then go to Asda with £3....

You could always see if it's learned to swim.... in a pint glass.
Then go to Asda with £3....

Have you guys any idea how far away the nearest Asda actually is to us?

I reckon I would be able to buy an extra 4 mouses (mice?) just in the petrol costs :LOL:

There again, I wouldn't have it to spend after I've got there and back......

I like the pint glass idea though.... go fill it up now methinks ;)

It's Mouses :)

Manually Operated User Selection Equipment (IIRC)

Back