weekly Mark's 2020 TP 52 Challenge Week 27 - Week 30 Added

#1 & #3 for me Mark.

#1 puts me in mind of the cover of Led Zeppelin's album, Physical Graffiti.
#3 could be a train shed of some kind?

Cheers Tim.

They are old faculties and where houses for the one thing Kidderminster used to be famous for carpets, sadly now most of the factories have dgone with production going abroad :confused:

Cheers Tim.

They are old faculties and where houses for the one thing Kidderminster used to be famous for carpets, sadly now most of the factories have dgone with production going abroad :confused:
Ah right. I guess they need the length.
They are reminiscent of the sides of London Terminii (I'm thinking Kings Cross when you wouldn't really have wanted to go down York Way.

Good collection. I think you picked the right one. The penny has to drop to recognise the subject and the building background, I really like.

So on to Week 15 and Snappers Choice all but one were taken on my walk along the local canal

WEEK 15 SNAPPERS CHOICE-10 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 15 SNAPPERS CHOICE-4 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 15 SNAPPERS CHOICE-11 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 15 SNAPPERS CHOICE-8 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 15 SNAPPERS CHOICE-7 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 15 SNAPPERS CHOICE-6 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 15 SNAPPERS CHOICE-5 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 15 SNAPPERS CHOICE by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Sorry I appear to have do a lot of images this week!

I hope No1 will pass as high key..........

I really like the first - great high key image. The ">" shaped trees with the reflection are very nice as well as is the trampoline. Lovely set - I think you've got the right one for the main thread.

I really like the first - great high key image. The ">" shaped trees with the reflection are very nice as well as is the trampoline. Lovely set - I think you've got the right one for the main thread.

Thank you I don't think it's a tramppoline I believe its some sort of 'roundabout' sadly the gates were locked so I couldn't get in.

Nice set, 6 and 4 for me, really like the building reflection in 6.

Thank Clive Ispent most of the walk looking at the refections luckily for me there as a bridge that I could get onto to get the image as it didn't work off there towpath.

That's a strange effect you have with the reflections and shadows. You have to stop, look and think about them.
At first glance it looks like the reflections suddenly veer off, when in reality it's the interaction of the reflection and shadow.
Very interesting :)

Nice set Mark, #5 for me

That's a strange effect you have with the reflections and shadows. You have to stop, look and think about them.
At first glance it looks like the reflections suddenly veer off, when in reality it's the interaction of the reflection and shadow.
Very interesting :)

Thanks Tim I appreciate your comments. The shadow/reflection of the step were what caught my eye I got some strange looks from the community officer who was walking up the canal when I took it :D

Right so today I managed to get my week 16 done (I know only 1 day into the week,,,,)

And I think that this is the first appearance of the a life size Mini........

So here is my Morris Mini MKII Super Deluxe this was my first car broth when I was 16 as a restoration project we made it look like a Cooper Look Alike with chrome door hinges etc, well about 18 months ago I decided it was time to get it restored agin as it was showing it's age. It's now as it should be although I plan to give it a bit more oomph with period upgrades.

WEEK 16 YOUR INITAL-9 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 16 YOUR INITAL-9 MONO by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 16 YOUR INITAL-6 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 16 YOUR INITAL-4 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 16 YOUR INITAL-3 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

There are a few more on my Flickr for anyone who wants to see them.

Lovely old classic Mark (y)

Who would ever have thought it eh Mark?
Whilst I agree with Allan that #3 is the more classic mini photo shot, I think either your choice of #1, or #5 for me.
#1 has the added interest of the detail panels
#5 has the slight Dutch to it with the diagonals and also a lower perspective.

Snapper's Choice. A good set and the first works well for high key. My fave is the building shot though.

Initials. A lovely classic Mini Mark. I like the angle of the last and the mono processing. A lovely series.(y)

Last edited:
Who would ever have thought it eh Mark?
Whilst I agree with Allan that #3 is the more classic mini photo shot, I think either your choice of #1, or #5 for me.
#1 has the added interest of the detail panels
#5 has the slight Dutch to it with the diagonals and also a lower perspective.

Cheers Tim I've used No 1 in a panels competition which the club are doing next week!

Snapper's Choice. A good set and the first works well for high key. My fave is the building shot though.

Initials. A lovely classic Mini Mark. I like the angle of the last and the mono processing. A lovely series.(y)

Thanks Pete :)

Back