weekly Mat's 52 week challenge

The second image is the one for me, super shot and the colour works really well, the little lad looks as if he is about to throw the sand at someone, good work :)

Yes he was.
One of the bigger boys told him to get of the climbing frame so that was his reply

Play, the sepia processing works well and nice DOF.

Little too much room at the top, and it's not immediately obvious what he's doing. Possibly playing with sand. A bit of cheeky eye contact may add to the theme.

Cheers.

I'd second this. I thought perhaps a tighter crop removing some of the sky or a wider view to add more context might have worked well. Overall though a memorable image

.(edit)... Just seen the second cropped version. Yep, this one works better I think :)

Last edited:
Hi Mat

Think all has been mentioned on the Lines image but I though I'd just say I like it , lovely color to the sky, smoke from the chimneys ,sturdier tripod or a less windy night & you'll have that one cracked :)

Edited version of Play really works ,the look of concentration on his face,the sharpness & use of DOF & also the processing...nice to see a hint of color rather than just sepia (y)

guess mike just hinting he may not have spelt bokeh quite right.

ive not given up lol

ive had food poisoning and its really made me feel bad this past week.
starting to feel better now so will cath up on the last 2 themes asap.

i have an idea for both so hopefully wont be long and i will have them done

cheers mat

Im going to have to put my challenge on hold for abit.

not going to bore you with details but im having treatment for an illness that has stemmed from the food poisoning and im really not upto taking picks at the moment.
hopefully i will be back after a few weeks rest

Back