MB-D10 aa batteries dies

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

i fully charged up some some energizer 2500s for this grip, left them in the grip for a few days went to Farnborough airshow last weekend took a few pics then they died. Bought some AA alkalines at the show took about 500 pics that day. Went to use camera today expecting there to be loads left and the grip is dead again. Have the latest firmware installed, should i be leaving the grip attached when i put the camera away should i be taking the batteries out?

Any ideas

I always leave grip attached, batteries in and camera switched on
never seen a problem like that

mmc do you own a d300 with a mbd-10 because according to your signature you are a canon man!

Update

charged up some aa's last night and rattled off about 200 shots this morning then the grip died. This time i unscrewed the grip and re-attached and it showed full again. Rattled off a load more shots and it hasn't died this time, will test some more tonight.

I never leave AA bateries in anything I don't intend to use for a few days, but then I am old enough to remember when batteries leaked.

I use AA when I want 8fps but store with the EN type fitted.

Grip only removed when I rotate/charge batteries.

Hi all

i fully charged up some some energizer 2500s for this grip, left them in the grip for a few days went to Farnborough airshow last weekend took a few pics then they died. Bought some AA alkalines at the show took about 500 pics that day. Went to use camera today expecting there to be loads left and the grip is dead again. Have the latest firmware installed, should i be leaving the grip attached when i put the camera away should i be taking the batteries out?

Any ideas

This sounds very similar to the problem I was having with my MB-D10. To recap I put in a fully-charged set of AAs but after 20 or so shots they went "flat", another set of fresh batteries showed up likewise, followed by a third.

When I got home I checked all the batteries and they were registering a full charge but by this time the camera was as dead as Gordon Brown's career.

The firmware update was installed just in case that was the problem, but there was no change, the camera was still totally inactive.

The D300 and MB-D10 went back to Jessops (although the grip came from elsewhere) and it was beginning to look as if the camera itself was faulty, however by a process of elimination the AA battery holder in the grip was eventually deemed to be the culprit.

I contacted the supplier and they agreed to take a look at the AA holder. However,before I sent it back I decided to give the contacts a clean, but this had no effect. Now, it's not as if the AA holder is a complicated bit of kit, basically it's a piece of plastic and a bit of metal, so there's not really a lot that can go wrong with it, so I felt it was worth a bit of further investigation.

A closer inspection revealed a tiny particle of grit (that's what you get when you change batteries somewhere windy like Knockhill, I guess) which seemed to be preventing one of the contacts in the AA holder from making a good connection, once this was blown out the way the grip sprang back into life.

Might be worth giving yours a thorough inspection/clean and see if this helps. For the record I leave the batteries in my camera all the time and have had no problems with them losing charge, even if I leave them fromone weelend to the next.

Hope this helps :D

mmc do you own a d300 with a mbd-10 because according to your signature you are a canon man!

guilty as charged
sounds like batteries are ok - you need a new camera!

Another thing to be aware of is that the MB-D10 does have different settings for the type of AAs you are using - check the menus. The same thing happened to me with rechargeables once before but I never got round to seeing if that's what the problem was. Have now switched to an EL4a.

Another thing to be aware of is that the MB-D10 does have different settings for the type of AAs you are using - check the menus. The same thing happened to me with rechargeables once before but I never got round to seeing if that's what the problem was. Have now switched to an EL4a.

done that gribbs but thanks

Back