'McMafia gangs' behind London crime wave

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I enjoyed this BBC article as it supported a lot of what I have been hearing regarding drugs and problems around Wakefield where I currently work.

especially the bit "Drug gangs controlled by Eastern European criminals are fuelling the rising tide of violent crime in London".

Wakefield and the area is loaded with Albanians and other Eastern Europeans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43653291

Be interested to know where he gets that information? As he references no sources.

Be interested to know where he gets that information? As he references no sources.

Dunno I guess as an MP he talks to a lot of people in his constituency

Dunno I guess as an MP he talks to a lot of people in his constituency

And where do they get their information?

Don't get me wrong, it's serious and needs investigating, going on national TV and accusing group X or Y is great for the headlines, distinctly unhelpful for the police and people trying to tackle crime. Especially, in the thinly veiled finger pointing at immigrants.

And where do they get their information?

Don't get me wrong, it's serious and needs investigating, going on national TV and accusing group X or Y is great for the headlines, distinctly unhelpful for the police and people trying to tackle crime. Especially, in the thinly veiled finger pointing at immigrants.

But to me that is the point of MPs they raise issues in the public domain that are of interest to the public and are not tied to traditional routes of information.
I recognise very much of what he is saying as truth in my area, just because crime involves a minority it doesn't mean it isn't real and cannot be discussed.

The high crime rates amongst young black people in London is spiralling out of control, it has been constantly debated whether stopping and searching young black men is acceptable?

But to me that is the point of MPs they raise issues in the public domain that are of interest to the public and are not tied to traditional routes of information.
I recognise very much of what he is saying as truth in my area, just because crime involves a minority it doesn't mean it isn't real and cannot be discussed.

The high crime rates amongst young black people in London is spiralling out of control, it has been constantly debated whether stopping and searching young black men is acceptable?

Principally, I think we agree.

For me the reduction in officer numbers and the lack of community/social resources has had a huge impact on violent crime, and to practise what I preach, a quick internet search will show you how many outreach programs have closed in London since austerity has been the focus of this government, and yes, most youth crime programs are run by local councils, not central government, but all councils have received a central funding budget cut, year on year, for the past 8 years.

Back