McWhirters Building Brisbane

Name
Steph
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this out of the window of an apartment overlooking Fortitude Valley, I think it needs a slight straighten but I'm really not sure. Taken as the sun was setting with the storm clouds building (didn't get a storm either phooey!). I really love looking at this building though!

Any comments are welcomed, and gratefully received! I've never shot anything like this before, but I'm pretty damned happy with how it came out.

IMG_8204 by StephyB86, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!! :D

nice shot - definately does need to go a smidge ACW to line up the verticals on the front face.

My initial thought was that there was too much sky, and then that the buildings have been chopped out of the foreground.. But on looking further I saw i was wrong.

Its the colours, orangey browns against the slight purpleness of the sky that make it work well for me.

overbez said:
nice shot - definately does need to go a smidge ACW to line up the verticals on the front face.

My initial thought was that there was too much sky, and then that the buildings have been chopped out of the foreground.. But on looking further I saw i was wrong.

Its the colours, orangey browns against the slight purpleness of the sky that make it work well for me.

Thank you wry much for your comments!! :) the colours were exactly what I was trying to capture, well that and all the flags flying in the same direction at the same time but the wind died just as I was taking the photo :-( I should post the recomposed shot that doesn't show the buildings in the foreground but I didn't like it as much.

I'm very seriously thinking about getting this shot printed and putting it on the wall but that will have to wait until its not bill time again :-/

When I get home I'll have a little bit of a play with the other shots as well and put them up for comparison.

ACW? I'll have to try again for straightening it :)

I'm sure he means clockwise......

I definately meant anti-clockwise, but only a teeny tiny bit...

but after looking a bit closer - it's actually spot on. Leave it as is!

:LOL: I can't tell either! And I'm just a little confused now :LOL:

I think you have to look just at the centre part with the flagpole... I think if you look at the sides of the building it looks way off...

Seems I have a little bit of an optical illusion there... :shrug:

:LOL: I have just been told what it is... The building is crooked because its sunk slightly in some parts apparently! So everyone is right and I should just leave well enough alone!

Back