Me in ACTION -- Brentwood Remembrance Sunday

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
It was a great turnout here in BRENTWOOD Essex ( England) for the annual Remembrance Sunday Parade -- loads of youngsters from Scouts, Army , Navy Air Force Cadets, the Fire Brigade, the Police the 124 Squadron Royal Logistics Corps etc etc and just a 'Few' Old Servicemen who were well enough to MARCH -- the number goes DOWN every year -- some have to have seats now at the War Memorial. The Brentwood Imperial Youth Band played wonderfully . The Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Essex Graham Clegg ( A Fellow Camera Club member ! ) was representing HM the KING and took the Salute in the High Street as parade passed by and hundreds of Brentwood Townspeople turned out to applaud us all -- very 'emotional ' as I was marching to see that but I had some 'tissues' in hand luckily !
I woke up this Morning and I was STILL ALIVE -- A BONUS !! Let's hope I can make November 2024 ! 23250788 Corporal Elgar P J Royal Army Medical Corps
Peter 02.jpgPeter 05.jpgPeter 08.jpgPeter 10.jpgPeter14.jpgBMH Iserlohn Cpl ELGAR P J 07.jpg

Here's hoping you do indeed make it to many more! :D

We went to a local service which seemed to have a good turnout. I'm not too sure that I'd have picked "Where have all the flowers gone?" as one of the songs as I did wonder how the young cadets would take the lyrics.

Great photos Peter. I hope you see many more of them. They could have got the union jack the right way up though. :D

Well done Pete, good on you for making the effort to turn out. (y)

Some of your mob did some training for us back in the day, before we got sent on to various hospitals for further training and practice in the casualty dept. Great fun... all those nurses....
Hope you get to loads more mate.

Union Jack was CORRECT way up when facing the street for the march=past -- just checked ! This was the view from the Pavement outside the KFC !

Back