Medium format with digital back on budget

bastic

A star
Name
Lukas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
What options would I have if in would like to try medium format and digital back ?
Mamiya 645afd is bit expensive ...
But what options are there?
Thanks. :)
Maybe there is someone in London that would let me use his for a while ?:)

It's not exactly a "budget" market.

Ffordes have a Mamiya 645AF with ZD back (not a gread deal of point as it's only 22mp and a 35mm sensor) going for £3000 ish.
Other than that you have to take your chances on ebay tbh.

It's not exactly a "budget" market.

Ffordes have a Mamiya 645AF with ZD back (not a gread deal of point as it's only 22mp and a 35mm sensor) going for £3000 ish.
Other than that you have to take your chances on ebay tbh.

You just might have forgotten to measure the other side of the sensor. The sensor is 48mm by 36mm, making it twice the size of a 35mm sensor.

Yep, you're correct. Got mixed up with a different back. (y)

thats a lot of money though for 22mp but i bet its pretty :)

I keep returning to this idea with my Hassy as it seems a (cheap ?) way into MF digital. But the backs alone are just so expensive and there just don't seem to be many second hand ones about that seem reasonable. Maybe this will be more feasible in a few years time as more pros are upgrading. I have a fear of spending a grand on a digital back that is only a few years old that I don't have on spending it on film gear that is 50 years old. I'm just not sure how long the digital backs currently in my price range will last for.

Back