Memory card in camera says No images

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I am Totheros and a near beginner. I have downloaded the files to Gallery on my computer, but not deleted them from the card. They are still there on the card in my computer. How do I view them again on my Panasonic Lumex camera?

Hi Totheros and welcome to TP

Can I clarify?
  1. You took the memory card out of the camera and put it in the card reader on or attached to your computer?
  2. You copied the files to a Gallery folder on the computer?
  3. You can view the copied files in the Gallery as well as view them on the card inserted in the computer?
  4. But when you eject the card from the computer and re-insert it into the camera the camera says not images to view when you try to look at them?

Can you please confirm each of the above questions and if any do not describe what you are experiencing please tell us exactly what you are doing? :)

Yes, everything is as you said. Thank you for replying so promptly. I should add that the images can still be seen on the card when reinserted in the computer.

Last edited:
Yes, everything is as you said. Thank you for replying so promptly. I should add that the images can still be seen on the card when reinserted in the computer.

Hmmm!
It sounds like the file structure on the card has been changed in some way that has made it unreadable by the camera.
Edited ~ in light of @john.margetts post ~ as you did say you copied them to the computer................can you confirm that is exactly what you did, or did you make changes to them on the card in any way?
It is possible that even opening them on the card in an Editing/viewing progamme might have left changes or an unreadable file, associated with the program, that has changed them in a manner to make them unreadable by the camera???

Or maybe there is a coincidental issue with the camera? Do you have another memory card to try in the camera?

What is your computer, PC or Mac and what is the Operating system?

Thinking out loud, though I have not seen one for a while (not sure what has changed?) SD memory cards as I recall used to have a write protect switch on the edge of them......if yours is one of them and you inadvertently altered it's position, it perhaps is possible that the camera does not fully recognise the card for viewing it's contents???

Last edited:
If you have edited the photos in any way and saved them back to the card, then the camera will not recognise them.

Back