Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes

and for CF cards

ok why so many different cards?

The SD cards are for my Camcorder and the CF cards are for my NikonD300

Why such a variation

It all depends on what I am shooting and how much I want on each card. the larger the shot , ie tiff the bigger the card is needed, also the transfer speed (writing from camera to card) is something do often overlooked. With continuous shooting say 8 frames a second a 20mb/sec will cause a stall in the sequence because the transfer rate is too slow.

the 4 gig cards come in useful if I want to seperate from one session to another and not get them mixed on one card.

Choosing the right card for the right job is in my opinion just as important as any other photographic choice, again camera settings and the like.

I got the 64 gig SDXC card as my Panasonic HC-X900M isn't limited so much to a record time as an camera with duel capabilities which has in comparison a relatively short movie time. So my camecorder is well able to shoot movies for over 8 hours continuous depending on setting used on just that card, not that I have tried it.

Hope this info may be of some help (moved from wanted section in answer to a member)
Realspeed

Last edited:
What a collection.

My preference is actually different. I want to use as few cards as possible as I believe that it is the manipulation with cards in the field that is risky.

That's why I have just two Sandisk Extreme III 16GB and Sandisk Extreme 60mb/s 16GB. They give me 1000+ RAWs on my D700 so they are almost unlimited for me. One is always primary and the other is backup.

Your problem with separating session can be solved also by using separate folders on the card.

Back