Mesa Arch

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
I just got back from three weeks in the southwest US, had a great time touring round the national parks.

Here's one I made a bit of extra effort to catch - Mesa Arch in the Canyonlands national park at sunrise. The sun shines on the canyon walls below the arch and lights up the underside. There's a version of this shot in just about every gallery in this part of the US - here's my take.

IMG_2364.jpg

Now off to catch some Zzzzzzz's

Duncan

Smashing shot! full marks for that one!

so did you get to enjoy it duncan or was it a day where you shuffle up to the view in the queue of snappers, put your tripod in the leg holes, click and move on. ;)

Excellent, very very nice shot.

beautiful, looks like a great place.

Love that. Well done!

so did you get to enjoy it duncan or was it a day where you shuffle up to the view in the queue of snappers, put your tripod in the leg holes, click and move on. ;)

There were a few other photographers there :

IMG_2371.jpg

But it was OK, everyone was able to get the shots they wanted and as you might imagine a little shop was talked :)

I didn't take a tripod, hate the things, so I was able to run around - a couple more :

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2396-1.jpg

Duncan

First shot is superb, the other two good aswell, but definately number 1 for me(y)

Love the one with all the snappers. Great to see something from there that's not through the arch. (y)

Lovely shots - incredible landscape! (y)

Yep, all fantastic shots (y) but no1 for me.

A good 'take'! I love the shot of all the other togs - very good!!

Nice set............was it a photo holiday or was it just the arch is a magnets for Togs?

I guess it was a photo holiday - but just me on my own. I arrived at the arch 30 minutes before sunrise and I was on my own, then the rest turned up with minutes to go.

Absolutly fantastic!! i love em.. the last looks like a veiw into the land before time!! lol

Iv been looking into a touring holiday in the Southwest.. anychance you could tell me how you organised it?? please...

Great stuff!!! HDR or filtered?? Well done none the less!!!

Absolutly fantastic!! i love em.. the last looks like a veiw into the land before time!! lol

Iv been looking into a touring holiday in the Southwest.. anychance you could tell me how you organised it?? please...

I flew into Vegas, hired a car and drove - did over 4000 miles in three weeks - watch this space ...

Great stuff!!! HDR or filtered?? Well done none the less!!!

Neither - a 5D and 16-35 - manually exposed for the valley / arch and then included the sun in the frame - f22 I think.

have been in here to see these shots a good few times now and that first IS just spot on.

it took a while to to really appreciate it, being one of the most ever photographed views of all time. very nicely handled indeed. (y)

Back