Metadata/copyright help.

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, can anyone help me with a metadata question?
What do you need to include in the info when sending a pic to a newspaper or agency?

Thanks

Hi, can anyone help me with a metadata question?
What do you need to include in the info when sending a pic to a newspaper or agency?

Thanks

Personally I can't say for sure of everything you should include..........but did you not ask this in another thread (sorry in advance if I am confusing you post with another's) where @KIPAX answered your question???

Most tabs are self explanitory when entering meta data.. but in the larger main captions box i put info in the following format

details of who is in pics and what is happening followed by what and where the event is.. then licence details then contact details such as phone and email .. then bank BACS details then any extras you want to apply... so for example

eg:
player name tackles player name during the EFL league 1 Football match between teama an teamb at locationz on the date [my licence details] Self billing applies where appropriate 01772 123456 email@email.com BACS payments to bankname (**** Branch) Account No. 12345678 Sort Code 12345678 NO SYNDICATION NO UNPAID USE

thats how i do it.. others do it differently but i know this works as does other peoples ways... so long as the relevant info is sent.. all other tabs should be filed in with details and keywords as newspapers find your pics by whats in this data not by whats in your email that they dont read.........

Last edited:
Back