meteor shower

Name
A Dragon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, apparently there is a big meteor shower on the 12th and I was wondering what sort of settings and lenses I should use in order to try and catch a few images ( as long as its not raining or cloudy)
I have a canon R7 with a 18-150mm lens, 150-400mm lens, 50mm lens, 100mm macro lens ( I know the macro wont be any use but included it on the ofchance its infinity setting might work lol)
Im guessing I will have to use a low shutter speed with the f-stop as low as it can go with high iso but not sure exactly where the best settings would be to start off from. I cant remember the f-stop setting on the lenses but I can easily find out if needed. I think the two that have the lowest numbers are my 50mm and the macro, the others start from f-stop 4 or 5 I think.
thank you in advance.

You want to be able to hold the shutter open. Use a tripod, point the camera in the right direction, focus on infinity, set the aperture to widish, and then experiment with the time you should hold the shutter open -- preferably on a night before the meteor shower. That's how I'd do it (and have done it).

Lens-wise, go for the widest you have as with any sort of telephoto, you'd have to be amazing lucky to catch a meteor trail.

Go somewhere dark leave the camera at home. Enjoy the show

How did you get on?

Back