Mice :)

Name
Martha (nickname is Violet)
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few of my 15 mice came out yesterday for some photos :) Controversial animals, I know some people hate them!

Would like to hear your comments on the photos though, thank you!

First of all my lovely buck..

argente buck by Vi27, on Flickr

On to the does..

tan girl by Vi27, on Flickr

tan girl by Vi27, on Flickr

agouti girl by Vi27, on Flickr

agouti girl by Vi27, on Flickr

fawn girl by Vi27, on Flickr

more on next post ...

cant really leave crit on the technical side of the pictures as i'm certainly no expert but i just love the pictures!!! soooo cute :)

Number 2 hurts my eyes a little with the out of focus nose, however, I find it hard to pick between 1 and 8, both shots are brilliant and pin sharp. Well done Martha!

Brilliant work, great subject, beautifully taken.

Too many to comment on individually (you will get better / more crit if you post less - maybe 3 per thread) but I particularly like the tan girl ones and the second from last. I think the first is a bit overexposed and the shadow / reflection on the floor in the last is a bit odd.

Overall I like them though - lovely little subjects (y)

Lovely style, noses a bit oof in #2 and #3 but great photos and don't you just love those ears!

I like these images, my favourite being the 2nd last image, I think that a greater depth of field would have made the picture even better, you may struggle to replicate the "pose".(y)

Awwwww those are adorable, and I can't understand how anybody can "hate" mice.
Yes, wild mice need to be dealt with if they're in a domestic dwelling due to the health risks and potential damage they can do - but for me that's a matter of necessity rather than a hatred for them.

Anyway, onto the photos.
You've absolutely nailed the focus on the eyes on all of these, and I like the nice clean background.

However, I think some of them could do with a wider DoF. 2 and 3 for example where the ears are sharp but the nose is oof have a strange sort of cut-out feel to them and the oof body in number 5 looks a bit odd too.
The ones where the DoF has worked though - it has really worked well (y) I particularly like the first and last from the first post.
The first trio is very nice too.

Oh wow ! The coat on your tan girl and the coat on your fawn girl are absolutely gorgeous. I keep 4 hamsters but I am looking into mice now as my partner and I fell in love with them after we met our friends.
My favourite photos have to be number 3 and the 3 group shots, they are absolutely perfect and I know just how much of a hard job it is to keep rodents still so I'm amazed by these photos :D

Back