Microphone upgrade

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Quick explaination, just ordered a stereo/directional microphone as one unit. OK now into why there are several issues, at the moment I am using a Sennheiser MK400 directional microphone which is great apart from a couple of annoying features. First replacing the AAA battery via a flap underneath which meas the mic has to be removed, Second it has a fixed cable which means on the Panasonic HC-X1500 to get it to work has to have a connector to join up with the XLR cable and ports if used on the handle.
The second Mic I have is the Boya SM80 stereo mic which is absolutely excellent on picking ujp x/y sounds but it is so rigid on a hotshoe the slightest tap on the camcorder it picks up. Obviously not what is wanted when recording. no shock proof

Found a solution and already placed an order for the Azden SMX-30v microphone.This is the latest upgrade to the 30 version. And I think it is well worth anyone considering getting a mic. So what attracted me to it.
First and formost it is 2 microphone in one, Stereo and directional, then there is having the 2x AA batteries loaded from the front so no having to take off camcorder as before. Then there is the detachable lead so a XLR cable can go straight into it. The batteries have longer life than the earlier version. Being able to dial in balance using both directional and stereo mix. being able to turn 30 degree left or right withot removing off hot shoe. Power switch is either on /off battery or camera powered If camera powered switches off with camera. All this and still has the normal controls as well ie low pass filters etc.

Those are the main features that attracted me towards it, no having to change from one mic to another and has a 10 warranty.

Back