Midnight Golfer...

Edit My Images
Yes
This is one of the many shots ive been meaning to try for a while. I first thought of the idea whilst reading my 580ex manual at work, and noticing the strobe-esque function, ive finally got it done and tbh, im not overly happy with it, luckily the golfer (me Dad) has offered to meet up again late one night for a reshoot, can anyone offer any advice for making this shot better.

Or is it a no hoper.... ive used PSCS2 to enhance the club on the 3 middle posns as the shaft was barely visible, dont know if its made the shot worse though.

KX7G9657t.jpg

Exif...
Canon 1dmkII
Canon 24-70f2.8@24mm
Aperture - F2.8
ISO250
Exposure Manual
Shutter speed 0.6s.
Flash Fired @ 10hz / 1/64th power

Dunno too much about Canon stuff, but from the outset I'd say that, if the strobe is running at 10Hz and the shutter is open for 600mS then there is one golf head missing :shrug: I'd be inclined to use 1/32nd power as well to try and get more light into the golf club.

I dunno much about golf either but I reckon there should be a ball somewhere too :LOL: Maybe that would help your dad keep his weight balanced so there are less 'body shapes'. Probably not the way to bash a golf ball but would assist this image..... my thoughts anyway....

Aye, we both forgot to take a ball. I guessed the 10hz as I was trying a few differant settings out and thats where it settled, but, it isnt recorded in the exif. I could have been anywhere between 5-15 as thats the range I tried.

Ive seen something like this before and read an article on how it was done, in fact the golfer starts with the club face at the ball and then reverses the swing whilst you fire your shots.
Hope that helps I tried to find the article but it was a few years ago sorry.
Wayne

Back