Midnight Thief

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Looks like this could be the beginning of the end of my bird shots, guys.
I came down this morning and found the bird table knocked over and all the fatballs had been eaten from their mesh nets, the metal peanut holder had been emptied too. Definitely fox or badger, and my money is on the last.

I have replenished the stocks but I can see it may be a recurring nightly pastime.

However, there is good in everything, and it may mean if I am patient enough and willing to get up in the night,, I MAY even get some badger shots!! ;)

Watch this space!

Good news either way.

Leave some peanuts and raisins on the floor as both badger and fox
will scoff them up.
If it is a badger, honey is a successful bait to keep him coming back.

Looking forward to seeing what shows up.

Good luck

Could be a fox, but we have badgers up and down the lane at night and in the field next to the garden, so it could be either.

Scaffolding poles and razor wire next - perhaps Warspite could help.

We are going to miss the pictures!

OOOh no!! I am more pleased to have a badger visiting than the birds!
Badgers are my favourite animals, I have a plaque of one with the house number on by the front door. Perhaps thats why it came into the garden....felt at home! :clap:

badger.gif
badger.gif
badger.gif
badger.gif
badger.gif
badger.gif
badger.gif
badger.gif
badger.gif
badger.gif

hmmmm, mushrooms.

When I was living in sunny Devizes, my house backed onto fields. We had immense problems with our bins being torn open and strewn down the road. My initial thought was 'bleedin cats' until I heard bottles clanking outside one evening and opened the door to find two badgers having some chicken and a crafty stella out of my bin!

Never under estimate the badger!

(i may have made the bit about the stella up BTW) ;)

OOh Janice, I hope it is badgers ... the only ones Ive ever seen have been roadkill!
I have squirrels, they eat all my fatballs & have trashed the seedfeeder too.
Yesterday I took peverse pleasure in watching one fall on its butt .. it had been nibbling the bottom out of my neighbours peanut feeder at the time!

Steve said:

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo... I just can't stop watching :banghead: :hissyfit: :banghead: :hissyfit:

I had only just got it out of my head... I hate you :nunu: ;)

Back