• Total voters

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
another one of my kids ...

mike does not go in front of the camera much which i find a shame as he is imo.. a good model to work with...

anyhow we had a play.

any comments are welcome

also which do you prefer

dual tone
mike-bw.jpg

colour
mike-colour.jpg

tfl

md(y)

Last edited:
I do prefer your B&W versions better than the colour ones. I think these two continue these two continue the trend. I think they are equally good as models.

cheers mate

1 vote for the b+w then..

so thats 100 % b+w

md:LOL:

As above - great work Dave :)

interesting...:thinking:

100 views..

4 replys.

14 votes..

i did not think .. you can come in vote and go again ..
thanks for all that have voted so far..

md(y)

B&W for me.....
Both are great but I'm drawn to his eyes in the B&W version...

interesting...:thinking:

100 views..
4 replys.
14 votes..

thanks for all that have voted so far..

md(y)

I wouldn't read too much into the stats. I don't know what the stats on the forum are, but my guess is that your ratio of views to replies is common. Lots of peope don't like to express opinions for others to read, others do it too much. As long as you are getting a view of what people like then fair enough.

I know that your duo is more popular than your colour shots, I would urge you to continue to do the colour as somethings will suit it better. Good luck with the voting and I will be interested to read your conclusions.

:clap:

thanks for all the comments and votes so far guys..(y)

md:clap:

Another vote for the duo tone from me, I think it suits the intensity of the image(y)

Duo (y)

Duo for me. The contrast is really good in this. I think the colour would benefit from having the colour softened a little, or some colour balance. It's a little to red/orange. But works so well in b&w.

cheers guys ...

i'll tone down the colour version

md(y)

shame about the models eyes cos if he is 'bright' blue, id go for b/w version and use the eyes to colour version :)

shame about the models eyes cos if he is 'bright' blue, id go for b/w version and use the eyes to colour version :)

i take it you mean seletive colouring..

if so i'm not to keen on that effect myself.
but thanks for taking the time to comment..

md(y)

yeah thats it! a 'selective colour', i forgot what it is called :)

I like the duo tone, but you need to be a bit careful, you seem to have some posterisation creeping in on the cheek at the edge of that shadow.

Nice shot all the same, although I'd crop a lot tighter on the left. :)

I like the duo tone, but you need to be a bit careful, you seem to have some posterisation creeping in on the cheek at the edge of that shadow.

Nice shot all the same, although I'd crop a lot tighter on the left. :)

after a quick search on google i now know what you mean and yes you could well be right there mate ...(y)

something else to look out for...

many thanks for taking the time cedric..:clap:

md(y)

No probs Grasshopper. :D

You could always use a selective feathered mask to soften that hard edge.

I like how only 2/3rds of the head is visible in the duo tone concentrating the eye on the expression whereas the colour version has the opposite effect and the less visible l/h side distracts from the expression on his face.
So there you have it from me, the duo tone(y)

Both are good, but as i have to choose for the voting i've plumped fot the duo toned image. :)

i prefer the colour version myself, although the eyes could do with a slight curves adjustment on there own. it also looks a little dark above his left eye brow. lovely shot though and would be over the moon with either

thanks for the comments guys..

and to everyone who has voted..

thank you

md(y)

B&W for me, just feel it's a better look iyswim

Both good but I prefer the colour. He has such lovely blue eyes and these aren't as prominent in the duotone. He does look a little on the red side that's my only crit as far as the colour goes (y)

B&W for me, just feel it's a better look iyswim

(y) i know what you mean.. thanks for taking the time.

md(y)

Both good but I prefer the colour. He has such lovely blue eyes and these aren't as prominent in the duotone. He does look a little on the red side that's my only crit as far as the colour goes (y)

thanks again..

i have done another version " colour" but toned down it does look alot better..

md(y)

Back