Milk

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
So I could not get a drop collision to happen for me :bang: So I went back to chucking colored milk into the air :clap:
N D300, S105, Bulb, F32, 4 flash heads, 1 Mac Book Pro, 1x4" speaker, 1 timing device, blue, green red & white milk, food coloring.

4270166828_e9d28c6cdf_o.jpg

4269423293_336fc52dc7_o.jpg

4270167670_0e9f579eb2_o.jpg

4269423537_38711bf629_o.jpg

4270167074_5a569f521b_o.jpg

So awesome Allan! Funny thing is, while you couldn't drop collisions, I was out trying to find a speaker with a big enough speaker bit in it to rip out to do these shots! And didn't succeed... :( I might have a look on ebay...

Very pretty anywho's! :D

Lovely shots, fantastic colour. Got to ask where on earth does the 4in speaker come into it, love to know the set up:D

i too would love to see a set up shot!! great results anyhow!!!

The speaker will be used to bounce the milk into the air I expect.

Great shots. Very cool shapes and excellent clarity. :)

These are brilliant Allan, looks like wings around a body on No.3, milk dragonfly or angel!

Excellent set of pics.

If you did some milk shots maybe you could change your username to Goldtop :LOL:

Nah... my wife only lets me drink skimmed or if I'm lucky semi... so Semitop at best :D

These are fantastic. Great vibrant colours and very sharp!!
Would also love you to go into more detail about doing this kind of thing.

These are great shots...can't wait to get myself some extension tubes / macro lens to give stuff like this a go...

You are really claiming this for your own, we have Splog's and now Digits? :clap:

Cant believe no one has asked what track you used!

I must try these they look fun! Great set!

Rob

People always ask how it's done and setup, here how.

OK here is how I have my setup for those interested.
N D300, S105, Mumford timing device with a vibration sensor attached, 4"speaker covered with a 12" latex balloon. Macbook Pro, Milk, food coloring, 4 flash heads 1 connected to the timing device three remote. All flashes are mounted high front rear and two sides. drops of milk are put into the middle of the speaker, a sound is generated from the default sounds in the sound control panel. Timing device allows for a 1 millisecond advance, these shots are in the region of 20Ms to 30Ms. This is all done in a dark room with the camera on Bulb setting. Sequence is as follows... Open shutter, play sound (Pop, Ping, Bottle or other Etc). Speaker cone vibrates and is detected by the vibration sensor, timing device counts the allotted time the flashes fire, close shutter. Adjust timing to get the desired result. After every shot the speaker cover must be wiped dry as the drop of liquid will flow out if wet or damp. So it is very time consuming but very satisfying when you get a good result. With care you can blend colors before the shot to give some nice results.

Liquid Gymnastics,superb mate:clap:

Excellant shots, so vivid and alive ......very well done :) xx

Back