Milky Way over Fanad Lighthouse

Wow I love that

Green Window seems a tad distracting though

Last edited:
It was taken at 21:30 on 20th September so 2-3 hours after sunset. D800, 14-24mm, 30 secs, f/2.8, iso 3200. Processed in Lightroom and Nik Viveza. Green window looked dark but the glow from a Fire Exit sign turns it that colour in along exposure - personally I like it, gives it an 'other-worldly' feel.

Have you used any extra lights to light up the foreground? Looks like there is a light coming from the left? Or is that just from another building?

Have you used any extra lights to light up the foreground? Looks like there is a light coming from the left? Or is that just from another building?

That was a bit of light bleed coming from another building out of shot and to the left.

I like it a lot.

The lighthouse and the angle makes me think - one little light down here, all those up there.

I like the green window - it kind of ties in with the grass.

Was looking at some great recent Milky Way images here and it made me check to see if I'd posted my own favourite here - I had but the link was gone for some reason and the image had disappeared. Fixed now. :)

Really like this, the green window made me wonder why it was green but don't mind it being so.

Great stuff! I like the green window too and it compliments the foreground grass.

Back