Milky Way

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Photographers Comments
Got back from my hols had fantastic weather so the rain back here is a bit of a downer

took advantage of the clear skys and lower light pollution in Normandy and got to use the info i had learned on bringing the stars out

the bigger version is linked here and shows it much better!

Large version available here

9288.jpg

Great shot Dave, plenty of detail there :clap:

That's pretty amazing. I also like how you've left the satellite dish in, it's quite relevant. Glad you linked to the large version.

cannockwolf hope you don't mind. I had a look at the exif.

Camera D700, 30 sec exposure. F2.8 iso 3200

Cracking shot, shows off the camera well. I was wondering if you had used a higher iso and shorted the exposure time, you could have squeezed an extra bit of sharpness. At 30 seconds the star trails just start to become apparent. Opportunity to cash in on the legendary D700 noise performance. Just a thought.

thanks all, some good remarks to, i had only tried the settings that i had read about, there was still too much light pollution to achieve perfection but i was please with what i had got as a first time effort, cheviot good idea i hadnt really thought of that as i had read 30 secs was quick enough not to show them up but it is a good point :)

Back