Milkyway hunting

Edit My Images
Yes
Took a trip out to a spot i have had on the radar for a while. Last night low mist and clouds was forecasted which meant anything low was probably going to be pants. I had no friends to play out so i asked two of the other kids and Mrs K if they fancied a late adventure with the bribe of a hot chocolate. Driving up to this spot about 22:50 we all seen a fireball out the car wind due south. brighter than any light source around and my high beams. I arrived at the llyn and first impression looked promising so grabbed a few shot with the kids and Mrs K tucked them in cosy and made my way down in my waders. As you can see in the selfie jpeg i was surrounded by mist but the light wind kept it at bay long enough to even capture some in the stacked images and made its own shadow on the surface of the llyn. I love making memories with the family and last night was one of those nights.

Sony A7 IV

ISO 5000

F1.4 20MM Sigma Art shot at F1.4 for a test

x35 lights stacked in sequator

DSC01597 by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

DSC01595 by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

good ol vert o rama by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Amazing shots!

I went out last night to do some milky way shots and my Canon's sensors were not quite sensitive enough to focus on any stars, and I used a Sony A6500 and it's pushing me towards Sony!

Well done indeed ;)

Amazing shots!

I went out last night to do some milky way shots and my Canon's sensors were not quite sensitive enough to focus on any stars, and I used a Sony A6500 and it's pushing me towards Sony!
The sony has a live view where it helps brighten the scene on the back of the cam. I normally usually just use live view and zoom in

Fairly often type sh*tter speed rather than shutter but usually pick it up before posting!

Nice set of shots BTW. And great memories for the kid too!

Back