Millau Viaduct.France

I watched a discovery program on the building of that.

Did you drive over it? I would need to get someone else to drive while I shut my eyes !!

went last yr driving accross france..... fantastic place.. i only had the wifes pointy shooty thing... stayed overnight in village below but no excuses on way back so had to drive over... amazing place..

Great pic of it BTW:)

Interesting angle on this, although I would have cropped tighter to remove the trees and telegraph lines.

Interesting angle on this, although I would have cropped tighter to remove the trees and telegraph lines.

I'd have gone wider to give a greater sense of scale personally.

Having driven for I don't know how many hours from Andorra via non tolls I was a little tired, with a long way to go.Which was a little disappointing because I thought I would picture the bridge from all angles.
I didn't crop this one because I wanted to keep the tall wire thingys in and I couldn't get far enough away to get all the towers in, it is huge.
Glad I went under rather than over because I was on my own, I had thought prior to going that I would rather see it than be on it.

PS If you ever undertake a lone drive from the Costa Blanca to the UK the long way round,you gotta go this way.

Back