Millenium Bridge from a different angle? + one more pic

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
Met up with Garvin (erg 121) via the tog buddy thread for a sorty on Newcastle quayside, Garvin missed the opening of the bridge but I got there just as it was opening and took these while I was waiting for him.

We had a good time for our first meet, results will be to come in another thread.

IMG_7365.jpg

2. Bit oof!
IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7368.jpg

4. Not sure about this one.
IMG_7360.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice lines there but as for the bridge I am not sure I really understand what I am seeing...does it lift up to let river traffic through?

Pity no polarizer, could have worked a treat I think.

Ooo, particularly like the first. And for me, the last most definitely works too! I almost hesitate to use this overused sentence, but 'a nice set'! Not much more I can add. You were after a different take on the bridge, and got it.

I am liking No. 1.

They should have built the bridge different so that the bridge support, bottom left, in 2 wasn't in the way - the bridge arching over the Baltic is great apart from that.

Bridge support in 3 again... now where is the phone number for the bridge designers, perhaps if I complain they will come and remove that support :D

In 4 I am guessing that the sun is behind the span.... it is a shame that the sky isn't blue.

@Anton yes, the bridge lifts to let shipping through, however it pivots at the ends so it rises with a tipping motion and, IIRC, is meant to look like an eye blinking.

B.

have to try to meet up some time as i live south shields here a couple of mine

292980867_c606f91420.jpg
292980868_cf4d08a3df.jpg

3 sort of a different agle from the norm i suppose
2480408573_0a9e770592.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Anton, Lee, and Ben, thank you for your comments they are very much appreciated :ty:
I actually did use a polariser but the subject was not at 90 degrees to the sun so did not get the full effect.

Good set - 2 + 3 for me - especially liking #2 with the Baltic building framed by the bridge!

Thanks Bazz , John and Jbob.
John, I would have got more of the Baltik in the frame had it not been for a kids helium filled balloon just below the shot, was in two minds to ask the parent to move it but rightly decided not too:D
One more,

IMG_7363-1.jpg

Back