Yes
I tried again.

91a87d67.jpg

1416b7cd.jpg

b5f56f3a.jpg

bd5dade3.jpg

f493f283.jpg

Any better ?

I don't know about better but thay are all supurb!!

I think I would have called the the tird one simply "2 much fun" though ;)

They still look real to me :thumb:

1,3 and 4 stand out for me. They do seem better than the last lot in your helicopter thread ;) although I don't really know why as they were excellent also. Great stuff!
Ken.

Gleaming - I love it...
Have you thought about offering your services to the Model Manufacturers - I was on the Airfix site yesterday and some of the diorama shots are pretty grim...

So come on then, explain what you did to stop them looking like models? Or is it just a VERY good model?

I didn't think they were great models, they are actually remote control cars made by nikko, but I figured if I set the scene up like a real studio, and also the lights, I might get away with it.

Here is a shot showing a bit more of the scene, all the shots were taken with the 10D, 17-40mm F4L, on tripod, no flash, dark room, single Ikea lamp.

2248a3be.jpg

And here is the motion shot unedited from the previous thread

70b0f9e7.jpg

I don't really know what else to add, obviously I've had to do a bit of cloning on the finished shots, where the plastic has been moulded etc, and both cars recieved a good polish beforehand.

Random Exif:

b247f12c.jpg

If I can add anything more, please gizza shout

Excellent - look real, in some cases the effect made me think they were CGI.

You certainly have yourself a talent for this kind of product shot (and that could be applied either to models or the real cars).

Its seriously tempting me to go out and buy some models this weekend and give this ago myself - just for the hell of it:)

Well done, and keep 'em coming:thumb:

Thanks, the more I do with the cars, the more I'm enjoying it, often the best bit isn't so much the taking pictures, but the planning and preperation involved.

Arkady, cheers for the idea, I'm looking into that. nice one.

That's perfect Lib, makes me want to give it a go 'cept all my models are too battered from me playing with them too much ;)

Excellent set of shots - you obviously have a real flair for this kind of work.

Excellent planning and execution - well worth the effort and thanks for sharing as I expect many of us have learnt something from what is a mini tutorial.

Agree the finished shots are impressive :)

The explanation shots look like the sensor is in need of a clean though ;)

Back