mipevo6 (Martin)s Oktoberfest thread

martin..aren't you a petal.. cracking flower shots... (y) .. stags are great. love the teeth..

Thank you :) can't beat a macro... :)

Fantastic shots, Martin :clap::clap::clap: My favourites are the first stag photo and the first rose. I would have preferred more DOF on the dahlia.

Jenny

Thanks Jenny, appreciate the comments :)

Stag with the Billy Bob teeth is a cracker Martin... who say's macro lenses are only for macro shots.

I'm not a flora and fauna man, but all 3 of those are pretty special. I was going to go for the DOF in #2 as a fave, but i really can't decide (y)

Thanks for the comments, just trying something a little different :)

sooooo... you're saying you prefer it with a stalk on? :naughty:

I always like a bit of stalk ;)

Good shots Martin (y)

Full frame and f1.4, is gonna be wafer thin dof :)

ooops sorry...hadnt realised you been posting in here too...my comments on flickr still stand :)

Well done on getting the stags with the 100mm macro.... good detail on the teeth...
and as for the flowers, well i am not a flower girl...dont even think i own a vase :)

Good shots Martin (y)

Full frame and f1.4, is gonna be wafer thin dof :)

Lots to learn and try :)

ooops sorry...hadnt realised you been posting in here too...my comments on flickr still stand :)

Well done on getting the stags with the 100mm macro.... good detail on the teeth...
and as for the flowers, well i am not a flower girl...dont even think i own a vase :)

How is your man supposed to butter you up if he can't bring you flowers?

Those last few 'macro' shots are ace Martin, especially the grinning stag! Great overall Oktoberfest thread too! (y)

Thanks Dave... I feel like I met the spirit of the challenge as well as not breaking my own rules...

I really found this challenging and stretching and enjoyed it immensely (y)

well done Martin... i would have preferred a little more innuendo and double entendres, but i suppose you've kept your end up for the whole month and at times you've had to wait for the petals to open so you can shoot wide open. (y)

well done Martin... i would have preferred a little more innuendo and double entendres, but i suppose you've kept your end up for the whole month and at times you've had to wait for the petals to open so you can shoot wide open. (y)

You forgot to mention my lovely hard wood...
or of the "dolls" lined up for action or topless...
or the lilly with the thrusting stamen....
or my red boxes....

tut tut tut.....

Last edited:
You forgot to mention my lovely hard wood...
or of the "dolls" lined up for action or topless...
or the lilly with the thrusting stamen....
or my red boxes....

tut tut tut.....

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: you are a complete nightmare. But well done for completing the challenge...some good images here too.

Last edited:
Back