Critique Mirroir D'eau, Bordeaux

Edit My Images
Yes
I was particularly pleased with this shot. It was a bright and sunny day with clouds in the background and the whole water surface steams up (not sure why they do this every hour tbh) It actually made a better opportunity than the more cliche'd reflection of the palace in the water mirror

Water mirror by sidxms, on Flickr

I like it the misty effect works well for me, maybe just a tad more dramatic sky and foreground. Hope you don't mind had a quick edit in CS5. Will remove if required.

Reactions: ST4
I do like this. Nice lead lines, balanced ground and sky. Yes, it could be made a little more contrasty for greater impact, but that might not be needed on a larger version of the image.

The one thing I'd like fixed is the bottom 2 lines of paving slabs that don't line up with the camera, making it all look like it's tilting, even though the buildings on the left line up. Maybe a bit of perspective correction would help?

As said previously, a little more contrast but that is very good (y)

Thinking about it further, if I were processing this image I would probably use a contrast gradient on the sky, maybe reducing contrast (either by masking brush or with a bottom-up gradient) on the vapour to increase the sense of mistiness.

I think that is a terrific photo. It would look great printed large. I think the sky could be softened slightly to match the misty ground if you wanted, but it is great as is.

Back