Misty Morning above Ullswater

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Evenin' all,

This one has grown on me and I'm not sure why. When I first looked at it I thought 'too dark, not interesting' but now...well I'm not sure I think its atmospheric, almost sinister, but that could be the drink hic...:D

Anyway, let me know what you think, good or bad, I don't mind so long as its constructive (y)

Cheers

Andy

Land-Ends---Morning-Sun_-Mi.jpg

My only suggestion would be to make it a smidge lighter so that we can see the mountains in the distance a little more clearly. If this loses the atmosphere then ignore me.

Just had a go at that Russ but I can't get the hills light enough to see without the rest becoming too light and losing the feel of the thing. Ah well ce la vie.

Andy

Mountains?

I can see what looks like silhouette of a dry stone wall, with a misty field, then a line of trees before the sky.

I do think a smidge lighter in the midtnes would be good, but mountains?!

/shakes head to loosen eyeballs

That could be mountains on the LHS at horizon level?

The sky and the main tree are fine for me but the foreground needs a lighten.

However, that may be because I am off the drink!

I think it now looks like the wall has been added in later..or does it? It may be that drink again. :beer:

Andy

Land-Ends---Am-lighter.jpg

No that's better for me, now what about these mountains?

There not so much mountains as vague hills on the LHS running down toward the middle.

Andy

I definitely saw the mountains (hills) in the dark version and there is a line running directly below the bottom layer of cloud that looks like the top of the hills to me.

Oh they're there all right just over half way up LHS slightly darker than the band of cloud which runs beneath the sun.

Andy

Back