Misty

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Could you critique this for me please. It was a scene I saw yesterday and there's something wrong which I can't pinpoint. I left the windmill in at the top deliberately, might be that, but I cloned out another couple of blades which were out of place.

misty.jpg

First thoughts are , windmill has to go, as it adds nothing to the shot but does distract the eye. Foreground is possibly too dark & sharp at edges also, which draws eye back constantly to bottom (possibly not bad if nearer 1/3 of pic, or sky more 1/3 of pic ?). Nice shot btw.

To be honest, it looks like a silhouette that someone has cut out. I'd say the turbine has to go as well.

Other than that, I'd say that it looks unreal because the mist is in the valley and the image gets clearer the further back you go, which is probably exactly the reverse of what you'd expect to see...

I agree with Dave though - it is a nice shot!

Thanks for the pointers guys.
Nothing to play with for the sky, just cropped a bit of the black off the bottom. It does look a bit unreal which is what attraced me in the first place, that and the "layers".
I think I'll revisit this over the weekend, wish I had Bach's processing skills though :(

I think it's spot on..........if you clone out the turbine. :thumb: I like the different layers and the mist is how it is.

regards

The wifes watching that ghost thing so here's the version without the turbine ;)
misty2.jpg

That's a million times better!

works so much better without the Turbine, very nice landscape now

That shot looks a million dollars now dod, Its nice to see you changing direction a little with these landscape shots.. :)

I know you have mastered the macro and action (motocross).. :thumb:

No offence with that statement mate.

busterboy said:
No offence with that statement mate.
None taken :) It's one of the things which really annoys me, we're surrounded by fantastic scenery here and I never seem to catch it. I know it's an area I'm really weak in and intend to work on it over the next couple of years :)

Like everything else though, time's an issue :(

dod said:
Like everything else though, time's an issue :(

Tell me about it mate.. :(

I look at my sig sometimes and figure out the expense and often tell myself "all this money on equipment" but alas nothing is paid for without hard work and commitment.. :) It's just hard finding the time to use it sometimes.. :banghead:

Back