Mitsubishi Evolution VII

• Thread starter Deleted member 11799
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11799

Hey Guys,

Not been on a lot lately and hardly had my camera out. Been busy with a few other things.

I was at a shoot on Saturday shooting a friends Evo VII... WOW at the car!

I went for the moody, evil, dark style of photographs to try and portray what the car is actually like and I felt it suited the car as it does look quite mean & agressive.

Anyways, onto some of my favourite photographs:

1.jpg

#2 - Turned out a bit Cartoony, I've over processed this one I think
2.jpg

34.jpg

11.jpg

30.jpg

16.jpg

10.jpg

32.jpg

Some more can be viewed here:

http://www.tlphoto.co.uk/Gallery/Canon350D/Automotive/Mitsubishi/Evolution/John/index.html

T.

I meant to add, as always C & C is appreciated :).

T.

There are a little overdone on the HDR but I still like the shots 3 & 4 are my favourites.

None are HDR mate lol. I've kind of went off HDR a bit.

As said, the above were done to give a moody, dark and evil feel to the car.

Thanks for the comments :).

Apart from the OTT PP as has been stated earlier there are some distractions in the background which are quite off putting. Not really a problem having them there, it's just the unlucky places you have managed to catch them.

#1 PP out that brilliant white streak down the rear window

#2 the rear spoiler has been extended by the crane

#3 the railings behind the car are off putting as they stop when they reach the spoiler.

#4 just too much clutter about, and it's not level

#5 same as 2 the spoiler extension

#6 I take it you were showing the triangles on the roof of the car not the triangles of the rooftops in the background? Another angle to lose the background would have worked.

#7 Not keen on the slope

#8 Again the slope, IMHO made worse by the picture having water in it, don't think water should ever be angled as it should flow off the page. (if you know what I mean)

Thanks for the comments all. Not the response I thought, as I quite like them and the person who owns the car does too lol.

Everything taken on board though :).

I have added various layers of daifferent levels of contrast and brightness, then applied it to different parts of the photograph.

As I've been emphasising, the only reason I've done this, is to give the dark, moody, evil look to the photograph, which the car already has :).

I might do a few "normal" edits later on.

I love the shots and I think the heavy burned sky suits the car, no wonder your mate is pleased with them. Only thing I don`t agree with is the car is fugly and chavvy. :LOL:

Thanks folks. Thats what I was trying to accomplish :).

I had one of these....great car...stunning shots....well done!

#2 for me .... v moody and does suit this car perfectly.
love the moody sky and the reflection on the bodywork.
one thing that i would do is to remove the white sign behind the car.

Thanks for that mate. Now I look at the sign again, I think your right lol. Back to photo shop with that one :).

I like the processing on the shots. It's a pretty evil car and I think it does it justice. Not sure on the composition on some of the shots though and the cranes in the background on 2 interfere a bit, especially on the bonnet. If those were fixed somehow then that should would be my pick of the bunch.

The prioblem for me is you're showing (becaus of the number of shots on show) basically a whole shoot, rather than one or two really,.r really hot shots that make you go wow.

On their own, 1 and 2 are the pick - the others kind of don't have the same look, the same amount of processing. The low viewpoint and the good composition on the first two make them really good.

Not massively keen on HDR but despite that, I think it adds a bit of different look to it from the majority of car shots.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. As usual it is appreciated! It can only make me better.

There are a lot more images lol, I just posted the ones which I felt were my strongest and what were the best in my opinion with a link to the rest of them if anyone is interested.

As said before they are not HDR. Just a single RAW image which has been edited in Lightroom 2 and PS CS4 :).

I'll have a go at removing background distractions.

T (y)

Aside from the distraction caused by the sign and a touch of one with the crane I like them. I'm betting the owner does too, which is the main reason the shots were taken. I actually prefer 3 and 8, there are things we could all change, but those are the best for me.

Back