Mk7 VW Polo

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out tonight to shoot a few rolling photos of a mates Mk7 Polo, i've not shot any rolling photos for a long time and it's definatly an area I need practise in, so that's a new one to add to the 'progress' list.

We were loosing light, fast, and I basically hung out the car for this one to get as low to the ground as possible (had a bit of a brown pants moment when I lost balance on the window sill and almost went out, not a nice feeling at 50mph).

Little bit of PP on this one to pop the colours and enhance the car a bit.

3809305944_5225263b7b_o.jpg

I'm hoping to get some more time with this car to do some more photos, I love it, it's a really nice example of a subtle dub.

C&C welcome as always.

Last edited:
They look good in Tornado/brilliant red.

But whats different with the car, just wheels & suspension? Black trim rather than Red?

Like the shot, but maybe less colour in the frame other than the car maybe...

Point taken fella, will give it a bash next time photoshops open.

That's pritty much all thats done fella, he's got it sat on coilovers wound down by about 55-60mm, and has some Porsche wheels powdercoated in a Mazda RX8 dark blue colour. Aside from a couple of little OEM mods inside, it's standard.

Nice car and nice shot - With car to car shots it emphasises the motion if the car you are taking a photo of is closer :)

50mph!!! - Slow it down, that's plain stupid! with the photo (linked) below I was doing less than 10mph
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gfwilliams/3735052034/

Overall, I like the shot, maybe would have liked it to have been to one side in the frame, not just stuck in the middle, but Good effort mate :) (y)

lol wow i would be scared if i almost fell out
ive taken plenty of rolling shots on the motorway
but usually try and harness my foot under the seat if im in the back or something

i agree that it would have looked better if it was a bit closer, maybe even just cropped but good otherwise

Nice car and nice shot - With car to car shots it emphasises the motion if the car you are taking a photo of is closer :)

50mph!!! - Slow it down, that's plain stupid! with the photo (linked) below I was doing less than 10mph
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gfwilliams/3735052034/

Overall, I like the shot, maybe would have liked it to have been to one side in the frame, not just stuck in the middle, but Good effort mate :) (y)

Very nice photo that fella, definatly given me a few idea's to work with (y)

lol wow i would be scared if i almost fell out
ive taken plenty of rolling shots on the motorway
but usually try and harness my foot under the seat if im in the back or something

i agree that it would have looked better if it was a bit closer, maybe even just cropped but good otherwise

Thanks fella. I normally hook my foot around too, my foot slipped a little bit though.

I've got a shot that's a lot closer to the car to process, I'll update once i've edited it, needs a few distractions removing from the frame.

Last edited:
Cheers fella, i'll take that as a compliment lol.

It's not as dangerous as it sounds, and it's worth it for a good shot IMO.

3811270321_0594dcd2d8_o.jpg

Another one, bit closer this time.

Cheers fella.

Much appreciated mate :)

yeah the second one looks great!
the photoshopping is pretty noticeable behind the car though..

Cheers mate.

I need to re-do the edit, was getting late and it had been a long day.

so basically, you open the boot and hang out?

I suppose you could do it like that fella, allthough that's a tad 'on-top' whilst going down a main road/dual carrage-way, I wouldn't personally do that myself unless I was on a private/very quiet road. I generally just turn around in the front seat and shoot from the open window, works better in a 5-door car.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt!

Lovelly shots mate. I do prefer the edit though :).

Just a little bit, allthough the boot idea is a good one for slow moving photos.

Back