Mmmm! This looks interesting..

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
... should I stick with the tasty bit of wood or try the weed?

_CBG6261.jpg

_CBG6265.jpg

_CBG6264.jpg

This is Roxy, from a client shoot I was doing at Addington Young Horse Show yesterday, she loved the camera and was a joy to photograph.

_CBG6449.jpg

_CBG6454.jpg

Last one if my favourite as well :)

Th first three are great, It looks like the dog is in the middle of a convosation! The Sun also looks like its at a nice place in the sky!

Lovely looking dog, and great shots that bring out the best

Aw Colin they are lovely. I have to shoot a Boxer's portrait tomorrow. The dog is very sick with something wrong with its spine (Spongi??). I have never photographed a dog before. Yours are brilliant and has given me lots to think about. Any tips would be helpful. What lens did you use? and what av/f setting? Thanks

Thanks everyone. Gilly, it was the 70-200mm on aperture priority for these using f/4 if memory serves me right to throw the background out of focus, I also dialled in +0.3EV and used centre weighted metering, ISO 100.

It might be a good idea to get one of the owners to stand behind you and attract the dogs attention just above the camera which is what I did for the final shot above.

Colin - Thanks for the above. Where you the 70mm end of the lens or where you standing further back? I am thinking, maybe using my 85mm 1.8 lens with the 5D FF or do you think I would be better to stick on the 24-105 at f4? Decisions?

The owners of the dog must be chuffed to bits with the photos you took - I just hope I get half as good as yours.

Back