Mobile Phone Coverage Checker

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm currently with Tesco on the O2 network and looking at a new phone deal. O2 aren't the most competitive for what I'm interested in. Does anyone know please what the most accurate site for showing coverage is please. My neighbours confirm that Vodafone is not great - the Ofcom map suggests voice coverage but not data is available as a control check
Any advice appreciated

I have looked at coverage checkers for my locality in West Central Scotland. I don't think any of them reflected how poor my voice comms were indoors.
Recently got a new phone that has WiFi calling and my indoor voice calls with that are as clear as with a landline.

They're mostly inaccurate. You're better off getting a free PAYG sim from networks you're interested in and trying it instead.

I spent a while finding another provider and switched to Giffgaff on O2. Three showed ok coverage and there wasn't any. EE had gone from ok to useless so I had to switch. Tried a giffgaff one and bingo. Decent signal and could actually make a call as that was another problem.

Think I tried Vodafone as well and that was no good at home.

I have Vodafone, very poor coverage in my office (countryside between Bracknell and Maidenhead). Company mobiles used O2 when I joined, then switched to Vodafone...:scratches head:

Ofcom mobile coverage checker:-

Go to that link and you will find this:-
"About the mobile coverage checker
This map uses mobile signal predictions provided by the four UK mobile network operators. Predictions can vary significantly from the coverage you may actually experience as a result of local factors (especially terrain). Ofcom has tested the actual coverage provided in various locations around the UK to help ensure that these predictions are reasonable.

Ofcom has set the thresholds indicating the level of service that may be available. Consequently, the Ofcom map may differ from the maps provided by the mobile network operators on their websites. Please see the FAQ below for more detail on the reasons why."

It is all IF / PERHAPS / BUT / MAYBE

The two mobile masts in my locality have been there for approx. 15 years. They were erected on a hilltop with 360 deg. clear line of sight. Dense woodland now obstructs the antennas in all but the southern outlook.

Back