MOBILE WIFI!

Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking to upgrade my mobile very soon & was looking at getting either the SE C905 or the X1.

Does anybody have any experience of these two? & if so what do you think of them?

Also does anybody use mobile phone (wifi) for the internet, & is is anygood?
(I have an option for free wifi with my package.)

Thanks in advance (y)

Spence

The C905 is a brilliant bit of kit and I get on really well with mine. Although it is going off for repair as the phone speaker has stopped working.

There is another Ericsson that is much the same spec with some added music bits and a few less camera functions that is quite a bit smaller. May be worth a look too.

ive got a C905, ive had it for a month now and i love it. camera is great, gps is wicked, menus are easy, nice screen, yadda yadda..

re mobile internet - do you mean 3G etc?

Thanks neil,
I was referring to the Wifi for internet!!

Spnece
The C905 is a brilliant bit of kit and I get on really well with mine. Although it is going off for repair as the phone speaker has stopped working.

There is another Ericsson that is much the same spec with some added music bits and a few less camera functions that is quite a bit smaller. May be worth a look too.

Thanks daz,
I think the speaker is a generic problem with the C905!:(
How do you find it for internet & email?

I'm a bit torn between the X1 & C905, but more for the 905 I think.:D

Spence

It works brilliantly for my internet and mail needs on the move. If the size of the screen and phone key text input let you do what you need to, it's very quick and slick with it.

It would be no problem, for instance, shooting a picture, up loading it to the web and starting a thread here on the move in no time. The one let down for me on that side, is that you can't search your mail inbox. A small niggle for all that it does do.

WiFi is fast and easy too btw. :)

in terms of internet on a mobile I would def go for X1 ... in any other as well except camera :)

remember you will only get wifi where there is an access point available, free wifi means if you are at a services station etc that you would pay for normally to use their wifi you get it free instead.

It works brilliantly for my internet and mail needs on the move. If the size of the screen and phone key text input let you do what you need to, it's very quick and slick with it.

It would be no problem, for instance, shooting a picture, up loading it to the web and starting a thread here on the move in no time. The one let down for me on that side, is that you can't search your mail inbox. A small niggle for all that it does do.

WiFi is fast and easy too btw. :)

Looks like the one for me then!!(y)
Thanks Spence

in terms of internet on a mobile I would def go for X1 ... in any other as well except camera :)
Its a nice phone,but I'm not sure how much they will want for it.:shrug:
Spence

remember you will only get wifi where there is an access point available, free wifi means if you are at a services station etc that you would pay for normally to use their wifi you get it free instead.

thanks ppp, the free Wifi comes at no extra charge to my anyway.(y)
Thanks for the explanation.

Spence

thanks ppp, the free Wifi comes at no extra charge to my anyway.(y)
Thanks for the explanation.

Spence

You've still got to find an access point :shrug:

I've had WiFi phones for about 4 years & hardly ever used it, however I use 3G for email / Internet most days.

I use wifi for browsing on my phone all the time, even at home, also for Skype, even though I have unlimited 3G access wifi is much faster.

You've still got to find an access point :shrug:

I've had WiFi phones for about 4 years & hardly ever used it, however I use 3G for email / Internet most days.
There's a couple of places where I go on holiday that have Wifi & and at home.:D
cheers mrgrubby.

I use wifi for browsing on my phone all the time, even at home, also for Skype, even though I have unlimited 3G access wifi is much faster.

Cheers Craikeybaby, (y)
thats what I was hoping.

Spence

Murphys law.
My contract was up for renewal on Friday, so I thought I would order it on line.
But for some reason they have removed the Sony Ericsson C905?? (02 that is) from their web site.

I know there has been a few problems with the phone, but it was probably one of the highest spec phones available (on my contract anyway.) on their web site.
Oh well, I suppose I'll have to start researching all over again now.:crying:

Spence

Urm, never, ever order an upgrade online!

Ring up your provider and tell them you want to cancel your contract, you'll then get through to the 'retentions/saves/whatever they call it in their business' team and you'll be able to actually get a decent deal.

Back