Monday photos from Rockingham

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
Thankfully, a night in the airing cupboard fixed the camera.

here's the usual mix of shots i'm happy with and i'd like opinions on.

main.php

1) Adam Wilcox

main.php

2) CIM Ferrari hunting down the Lambo

main.php

3) Brookspeed viper with BTCC style mirror

main.php

4) Recovering Lambo

main.php

5) Does it work?

main.php

6) Does it work?

main.php

7) Wouldnt be right not to have a flame shot

main.php

8) Brookspeed Viper

main.php

9) Lawnmower

main.php

10) Best racing of the day. Made me realise how much i miss the good old ASCAR days

Thanks for looking.

My fav's are 7,8,& 9.

I don't like no.5 though, the barrier is too distracting

Right ok time too rip some pictures apart:
Great Picture, lovely focus on the eyes.

Doesnt do anything for me, sorry. Too much sky at the top and not enough car at the bottom.

Great shot, thats not Paul O-Niel by any chance. He is an ex BTCC racer after all!

I dont like it, sorry! Too extreme and angle and you cut the back of the car off.

Would work if the barrier was an inch lower

Yep, it does work, great shot!! Only one thing that i would have liked but it is nothing you could do. That is another Aston in the background but thats not your fault. Isnt that that the only DBR9 in BGT anyway?

Great capture on the flame!

Great shot

I really like that shot, focus on the field it has picked up on the spoiler, great shot!

I love the way the cars all go towards the right of the frame, great shot, yet again!

Some cracking shots there BB.
Great shot of the driver, also like the flame one. They're all good, but I'm not that keen on 2 and 5.

Some great shots in there, particularly like 3, 6, 7 and 9 (for the comedy of it). Don't think 2 and 5 work that well but I can see what you were trying, in number 2 it looks like too much grass and I almost want the shot to be 30 feet closer (probably not possible I am guessing?!). In number 5 as you have probably guessed, think the fence stands in the way too much.

The only one I'm not keen is 4, I think the angle is way OTT! No. 2, I invented that shot, I've never seen anyone do it til I did it :) (That's my story and I'm sticking to it). But I think it works better horizontal, and with a longer lens. Or with a nice blue sky with some little fluffy clouds (but the chances of that happening at Rockingham is fairly slim...).

You're right about the pickups being the best racing too!

No. 2, I invented that shot, I've never seen anyone do it til I did it :) (That's my story and I'm sticking to it).

cheque is in the post :)

standing on the exit of turn 4 in the last pick up race was brilliant.. they were all taking the very high line all the way around the corner and at the exit they were getting oversteer and brushing the wall. Was awesome to stand right next to it and watch.

its such a shame that ASCAR failed.. I used to go there every month and watch them (with the pick up trucks). It was the only racing in the country where you could bring friends and family who otherwise wouldnt be interested in racing) and have a good day. Pretty big crowds too.

ASCAR was extremely expensive to watch if I remember correctly. That didn't help matters.

See I seem to remember it was something like £70 for the day. Don't know where I got the perception it was that expensive

Great selection, with some really nice angles. The last two are my favourites I think... the flow of the cars in #10 works really well.

On the 'Does it work' ones... #5 doesn't do anything for me, but I do like #6 (y)

Paul
:)

5 - does it work? possibly if there was less barrier..maybe even crop a bit of the barrier out would make it work without asking the drivers and the circuit to re-create the shot again..

6 - kinda works. Although if they were central in the shot, with space to go into, and a bit less on the right. Maybe even a tight crop to contain just the cars and slight gaps either side.

I like the lawnmover shot, and the wacky angle on #4 is a bit too wacky i think.

:)

i think the problem with the barrier shot is that the angle just isnt parallell or at a good angle to anything. it just doesnt look purposeful.
it could also do with being more out of focus.

I like them all generally, your angles and imagination are getting better all the time Gary (y)

as for 'space', it depends on the actual angle of the shot I think, some need it, some don't, some that should have had it can survive well enough without it. Sometimes its the space that puts the picture in context, too close a crop leaves the image with no 'feeling' - so for instance, you dont want space on #9, but #8 could have lived with a little less at the back and more at the front, the overall size of the car in the shot would have been the same, but the composition better - having said that, its easy to say but YOU try getting composition spot on at those speeds :bonk:

the barrier shot - chop a bit of sky off, get the car on the thirds line, improves it no end - I tried something similar with tyres at brands....but failed dismally :LOL:

and finally, my favourite - number 1 - those eyes! Yes, I know, its a classic 'pitlane' shot, but its classic because done right it always works, and that is done very right for me

Some interesting shots, not liking the Ferrari over the hill on this ocassion tbh, and the recovering lambo would be perfect if the viper behind it was in full view rather then missing part of the front. Love the rest though, and i'd recommend buying a nice rain cover for the 30d in this country bound to get loads of use, or you could my 30d as a back up for next, assuming it got wet? lol

Seems like everyone is writing War and Peace re Garys work.:)
1,My kind of shot,terrific.
2,I no like.:thumbsdown:
3,I like ,most good.:clap:
4,To skew wh:rules:iffy
5,Fence killls the shot.:thumbsdown:
6,Not sure what to say,so I'll give it 5:shrug:
7,Good capture,7 out of 10:)
8,Really good feeling of speed,my favourite.:clap:
9,Dont like the angle,but interesting.7 out of 10
10,Does not do much for me.:|

Pons:wave:

Back