Monitor options 27" about £500?

Edit My Images
Yes
I did a search for 'monitor' and got a few posts from last Sunday, and then 2014. :confused:

So as the title says, any monitor options, 27" for around £500. Image editing is the priority use.

All ideas welcome, especially personal experiences. :)

We have had a Dell UP2716D for 2 years - very pleased with it and would happily buy the same again.

Chris

I got this for work, brilliant for the money, has built in USB hub, comes with all the cables including HDMI and Thunderbolt. It feels very well put together, the stand is nice, everything seems decent and doesn't feel cheap.

10bit panel, under £300.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01K2210GS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hHz2ntN.jpg

Can thoroughly recommend the Dell 2716 as I have two of them in a dual setup, best bang for the buck in my opinion and I looked at a few before purchasing. They come with a 3 year swap out as well.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Looks like the Dell UP2716D is the most popular so far.

Anybody have any other recommendations, or are using something else?

This finally made my mind up about the Dell, he even answered some of my questions about it. After using it for a month I went and bought another, it was that good.

Sorry to jump on the thread, I gave never used an external monitor before or got into editing that much. I have a MacBook 2013 and want an external monitor should I be looking for srgb or Adobe rgb?? Thanks.

Sorry to jump on the thread, I gave never used an external monitor before or got into editing that much. I have a MacBook 2013 and want an external monitor should I be looking for srgb or Adobe rgb?? Thanks.
Adobe RGB is the larger color space, and I have been looking for a monitor that can display as much of each color space as possible, hopefully 100% of both, within my budget. So far the Dell mentioned above looks like it may be the one. Unless anyone has any other options to consider.

There are many articles on the differences between the sRGB and Adobe RGB, but this one seems pretty good and concise.

Harvey, did you get that monitor? Just noticed the 32" monitor is significantly cheaper than the 27", not seeing why...?

It seems that the 32inch, though some of the Amazon info says it has an IPS display, is a VA type display........that alone IMO points to the price difference! NB I have at this stage not downloaded the Benq data sheets to exactly how they describe/declare it or them.

I've had a Dell UP2716D for 5 months now and am very pleased with it although its only been used for general and photographic (what it was bought for) and not films or games.

I recently upgraded from my Dell to 2 x 32” Benq PD3200U and I’m very pleased with them. Colour out of the box is very good, although I have calibrated them, but I could have done without to be honest.

Back