Mono Millie ... V's First Portrait !

I understand now..............so you are let off the video tutorial!!! ;)

Janice said:
PS...Gorgeous portrait of a gorgeous girl! ;)

Aw ... jeeze thanks Janice ... :notworthy: ... guess she can't help it really ... taking after her mum's father an' all ... :D

Janice said:
I understand now..............so you are let off the video tutorial!!! ;)

Well ... I am not so sure ... still ...:amstupid: :amstupid:

I can select an area with lasso ... and this seems like a bit freehand to me ... so I am unclear where CT's 'freehand' bit comes in and what ... precisely such masks are ... :shrug: ... guess I need to do some more reading ... and practising ... :eek:

But thanks all once more for all your kind words and constructive input ... :ty: ... even if I still don't grasped the concept yet ... :puke:

BTB ... Millie's mum likes all the versions shown ... and thanks you all too ... (y) ... but still prefers her the way she truly is ... :thinking:

I'm not in to the elbow to be honest and her armpit is on show, armpits are not very aesthetic even on a pretty little girl, as she undoubtedly is. The light is quite flat (that can be a problem with fill flash) looking in both b&w and colour. so the light wasn't really good enough to get what you wanted. for a bw Shot to really work you have to have contrasting light. That last tweak on the colour, the whites of her eyes look grey

Flash can't compete with natural light, i can't have more then two shots in my space that was used with flash. It's so important to have the right light to create the right mood for a portrait, on camera flash is just rarely subtle enough to create it

Back