Mono urban dawn...

Edit My Images
Yes
urbandawn.jpg

Much more difficult shot than it seems as the area was very rough so I had to compose the shot from a distance and then literally run out to a roundabout, take the shots and run! Was taken at dawn so the lights would still be on in the flats and on the road and cars. I took it as the shapes and lines of the flats are nice to my eye and I like the road leading off to the distance. Did a bit of tidying up, but didn't want to over clone it as it needs to be a little messy to retain the inner city context. Comments and thoughts would be great.

Better viewed large, too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46180527@N03/6451601341/

Last edited:
Nice looking shot, tree on the right is abit distracting tho.

Last edited:
Better!! Very good

i really like the lines and symmetry of this shot, nicely done

Love this shot, really well done, looking at the first shot my immediate thought was that the sky and tree on the right keep drawing my eye and detracting from the symmetry of the flats and the road.

But I kept on reading and saw the cropped version. Much better, and the different lights from the cars, street lamps and the flat, really give something to the image.

Second crop is a vast improvement.

Solidifies the strength of the image which is in the repetition of elements.

Last edited:
Really like this i would also consider re-shooting again this time using a longer exposure time to get a light trail from the headlights down the road

I like the second shot, my only question would be: might the shot be improved if you had a little more sky at the top? So that the step effect carried on to the corner of the photo?

Back