Monopod - Which to get...help please!

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm looking for a monopod to mount my D50 and zoom lens onto, for Motorsport, Wildlife and maybe a Landscape that I see when out walking...which also includes the reasons for wanting it to double up as one of those walking poles.

Can anybody recommend any brand names/models to me which are mid-price range?

Looking for maybe £50 or so...

Thanks very much in advance

I use a Manfrotto 676B...nice and light and takes 4.5kg.

I'm 6'1" and it's just tall enough...if you're taller, you may need to stoop a bit. I've used it for macro work and with EF300 and EF400 lenses...no problem and it comes in quite a bit under your budget.

Bob

Just bought the Manfrotto 679, boy its light :D

Will be testing it on Sunday at Donington for the Renault Series, pics will follow ;)

Thanks

Just bought the Manfrotto 679, boy its light :D

Will be testing it on Sunday at Donington for the Renault Series, pics will follow ;)

Thanks

also got the same one and really like it, although i should use it more, OFF TOPIC may i say what a magnificent avatar (y)

also got the same one and really like it, although i should use it more, OFF TOPIC may i say what a magnificent avatar (y)

lol, we share merely the same kit :D

Glad you like the monopod, I must say it does feel great on the camera and doesn't pose as a hinderance whatsoever :)

Ah, a fellow Villa fan ;) great result Sunday :woot:

I got a 679B this week hold 10Kg and only £29.99 at fotosence in bolton

Never used a monopod. Got a mini tripod which I haven't used yet. Mainly because it's very flimsy and a stupid mechanism. I'm guessing a monopod would be ideal for just steadying the camera for longish exposures.

My tripod just about doesn't fit in the top of my trekker II bag.

Some of my photos from holiday weren't exactly straight or at a high focal length did wobble a bit so may get a monopod.

Back