Moon shot improvement.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I've been trying to improve my moon photography recently. I was originally quite pleased with my first shot below but then on comparison with some other shots on here I realised that it was quite soft.

I'm much happier with the next one. I do appreciate that the moon was in a different phase and the atmospheric conditions were different but none the less I think I'm starting to capture the type of image I was originally hoping to! If anyone else is frustrated at astro photography - don't give up!!

Critique most welcome of course.

Thanks
Osmo

Nice - I like the full moon shot. Wouldn't a bit of Denoise help?

There is a thread devoted to Lunar photography at http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=803791 with some great examples.

I've been trying to improve my daytime moon shots - basically working in shots of planes and birds with the moon - here's one taken a moment ago although it's still a bit too light for a good close-up of the moon

moonplane by John Pond, on Flickr

Nice - I like the full moon shot. Wouldn't a bit of Denoise help?

There is a thread devoted to Lunar photography at http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=803791 with some great examples.

I've been trying to improve my daytime moon shots - basically working in shots of planes and birds with the moon - here's one taken a moment ago although it's still a bit too light for a good close-up of the moon

moonplane by John Pond, on Flickr

Nice idea and looks nice small although on Flickr the focus looks a bit off maybe and it's quite noisy and your sensor seriously needs a clean!

To the OP, the moon generally looks better when it's not full as the shadows from the mountains/craters gives it a lot more interest - as you've found.

Nice idea and looks nice small although on Flickr the focus looks a bit off maybe and it's quite noisy and your sensor seriously needs a clean!

I'm using a mirror lens so didn't nail the focus of either the plane or the moon :( - I think the sensor is OK but small bits of dust seem to create those unsightly marks on the lens so I obvoiously need to start cleaning my lens a bit more often:D.

Here's a shot with a clean lens

moonplane3 by John Pond, on Flickr

Back