Critique Moonlight in the Lakes

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I took these on Thursday night or rather early in the morning. It must be one of the first times I have stood the shore of Buttermere and no one passed on foot or by car.

These were mostly taken by the light of the moon unfortunately it was a little cloudy but at full moon it was very cloudy.

The view across Butteremere about midnight lit by the moon.
40 seconds ISO 800 f5.6

Fleetwith pike and haystacks at night
by alf.branch, on Flickr

60seconds ISO 800 f5.6 with torch light n the foreground

On the shore of Buttermere.
by alf.branch, on Flickr

At Ashness Jetty one of the first times I have shot here.

121 seconds ISO 400 f5.6 moonlight natural light

Ashness jetty lit by the moon.
by alf.branch, on Flickr

They are noisy I know but thats mostly to do with camera I think.
All C&C welcome.

Last edited:
in no 1 not sure about what i am looking at intensely...it must be the sky...some loss of the lake wouldnt do any harm
no 2 rather strange moonlight...:D but
no 3 is one i normally dont favour with the pier right down the centre...
but it works and since i have spent a good bit of time there waiting for the boat i know its a nice place...and the bridge
cheers
geoff
ps will put up my ashness pier locale shot for interest
:|

Agree with Geoff re number 1, too much water for me. Number 2 again agreeing withing Geoff something odd about the light. However I really like number 3, to me there is no other place for the pier other than where you have placed it. Nothing personnel Mr Toad.

I wish I had seen these earlier, I wouldn't have posted my efforts!!! Have to agree with the others that #1 would be improved by a crop from the bottom, I really like the Ashness Jetty shot though, I bet at least at night you don't get that boat going past making waves!!!

Regards Paul

I love love this style of photography Alf as composition wise I think that the first and third work really well :clap: I'm not really sold on the second it's just not interesting to me :shrug: the only thing letting them down do me is something that you've already highlighted there is just a little too much cloud...the ratio of clear and cloud is just to biased to could :LOL:

Thanks everyone for their comments they have been interesting I have corrected the location of my text describing the shots .

I bet at least at night you don't get that boat going past making waves!!!

At 1 am there were no boats moving on the lake.

I love love this style of photography Alf as composition wise I think that the first and third work really well :clap: I'm not really sold on the second it's just not interesting to me :shrug: the only thing letting them down do me is something that you've already highlighted there is just a little too much cloud...the ratio of clear and cloud is just to biased to could :LOL:

Thanks for that Matt I know what you mean about the second shot I suppose and the cloud but the cloud was not what I was hoping for.

Agree with Geoff re number 1, too much water for me. Number 2 again agreeing withing Geoff something odd about the light. However I really like number 3, to me there is no other place for the pier other than where you have placed it. Nothing personnel Mr Toad.

i agree...its iconic frame splitting and works really well...it just irritates me at times...my problem..
cheers
geoff

Back