More Avebury Photos

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Went out last night as the forecast suggested the sky would have little cloud. Arrived at Avebury a few minutes after the sun went down :bang:

However, managed a couple of shots and took one in the dark of the steps. Will hopefully go back tomorrow morning (Saturday) for sunrise. Really want to try and get a good one of the steps.

_DSC9547smaller.jpg

I love the trees on the horizon falling off the hill on the right, like Lemmings going over the cliff!
I know this one is not perfect but it sets me up for the next sunset.

_DSC9554smaller.jpg

Regards

Chris

Hi Robin and foto kitsch,

Many thanks for your comments.

Trying to get some for an upcoming club competition on Avebury and Stonehenge.

Was out early this morning in the mist and will put the pics up later.

Best regards

Chris

Was out early this morning in the mist and will put the pics up later.

I was driving though the mist and sun patches this morning wishing I had time to stop and shoot. It's such an amazing part of the world we live in isn't it.

I love your lemming trees too. Partly because it's a lovely image and partly because I can see them from my bedroom window. :D

I was driving though the mist and sun patches this morning wishing I had time to stop and shoot. It's such an amazing part of the world we live in isn't it.

I love your lemming trees too. Partly because it's a lovely image and partly because I can see them from my bedroom window. :D

Ah, you are the man from Calne! I am sure we have communicated. Are you going to the Calne Music and Arts festival?

The club has a gallery just off the small roundabout at Avebury end of town. There is a car park behind if that helps.

I have 10 pictures being displayed and got a call to say someone is buying one!!

Off there with the family in a mo. If you go in the next hour or so. I am the one with long hair and hippy shirt with light trousers, followed by Wife and two Girls!

Regards

Chris

Are you meaning the exhibition running in the heritage centre building?

Would be good to come and take a look. :)

Are you meaning the exhibition running in the heritage centre building?

Would be good to come and take a look. :)

Hi,

Yes that's the one. Just got back from being there and going out for dinner. Mine are at the back of the hall on the right - Chris Grew - If you check out the Calne, 'Music and Arts Festival' booklet it is my picture 'Gateway To The Langdales' that is being used and is on display.

Going to the lecture tomorrow afternoon from 15:00 - 17:00 on our Chairmans recent Artic trip. Should be good!

Regards

Chris

Last edited:
It didn't take much sleuthing to figure out which yours were. It was great to take a wander round and see real photographs hanging on walls. It's a good place for an exhibition and I was quite upset when the council turned it into the Heritage Center. I always wanted it for my studio. :LOL:

If you check out the Calne, 'Music and Arts Festival' booklet it is my picture 'Gateway To The Langdales' that is being used and is on display.

I did spot that, nice work indeed. It's done quite well for you that shot with a cover and that double result in the club comp. (y)

I did spot that, nice work indeed. It's done quite well for you that shot with a cover and that double result in the club comp. (y)

To cap it all, last night at the club it was selected as one of ten images to be used for our annual digital projected 'Multi Club Image Battle'. Cannot remember who the other clubs are but competition will be on 2nd November in the 'Woodlands Club' main hall if you can make it.

Regards

Chris

Back