More birds (of the feathered variety!)

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
Some more shots taken at the local bird place. Not as pin sharp as I'd like, but practice makes perfect :)

eagle.jpg

emu.jpg

second one is an ugly one innit

run the first through Noiseware, you can see where you've used Shadow/highlight tool or similar, noiseware might calm it down

i think that might be the back of the enclosure matt , but i might be wrong, lol

i think the first pic is the better of the two, it may however benefit from a bit of PS on the front of the head to remove a few small bits on the feathers, i find them distracting me slightly , this is however the result of such pin point focusing, lol

cant win can you.....

MyPix

Matty said:
second one is an ugly one innit

run the first through Noiseware, you can see where you've used Shadow/highlight tool or similar, noiseware might calm it down

If you mean the vertical lines in the background, they are actually part of the enclosure. The white flecks are bits of the bird :confused-

all i meant were the small bits of dust in the feathers on the head,

if you pulled right into the pic they stand out better,

al i did was gently clone em out using the space next to the flec of dirt,

like i siad , its a great pic imho , this was a very minor thing , you possibly wont see the difference ?lol

eagle.jpg

MyPix

it looks noisy in the dark area, like its been lightened, it could be Flash related, im just chucking it through noiseware now, you can see what i mean then!

Matty said:
it looks noisy in the dark area, like its been lightened, it could be Flash related, im just chucking it through noiseware now, you can see what i mean then!

looks like an out of focus fence to me m8 ?

MyPix

hold ur horses!

c'mon, i thought u were a PS expert

MyPix

MyPix said:
c'mon, i thought u were a PS expert

MyPix
i havent got Noiseware installed since i upgraded, can i find the email with the licence details???:banghead:

The difference is hard to see unless you're being a picky SOB but I ran it through noiseware on its "weaker noise" setting here are the before and after pics for easy comparison
Before
eagle.jpg

After
bird.jpg

And since I had it in photoshop couldn't help but play with the levels a bit
bird2.jpg

lol, thanks Gemok, picky SOB!! Its really obvious to me, sorry! :)

anyway

noiseware plug in does this
eaglecopy.jpg

this is before and after shot, you can see it on this

compare.jpg

the light patch on the chest makes it look like its been lightened, might be flash reflection, but that and the excessive(imo) noise made it look wrong

maybe my monitor is set too bright?

i wasnt going to post it cos you already got a before and after up, but i went to a lot of trouble to do it, so i though ahhhh why not, shows what i mean in an easier way!

Have to agree with Matty here (i dont think he was being picky SOB) there was obvious noise on the original, which noise reduction has fixed to make a favourable improvement to the pic.

hmm,

minimeeze....what do you think, as its ur pic, lol

MyPix

I had to study really hard to see the difference :embarasse but yes, there is definitely an improvement there :) I'm hoping that time and experience (as well as you guys) will point these things out to me as I never even noticed.

The original shot was lightened as although it looked ok on the camera, on screen it looked under exposed.

minimeeze said:
The original shot was lightened as although it looked ok on the camera, on screen it looked under exposed.

thats what it looked like to me, the noise level was increased by it :)
In time you will see these things easily, its just experience:D

Back