More bubble planets

Edit My Images
Yes
Some more bubble planets :D Click to enlarge.

My favourite:

Techical stuff if anyone's interested:

Shutter speed 1/200, F16, ISO 100. Jessops 360AFD Flash on 1/16th power. Darkened room. Bubbles made of water/dishwasher soap/glycerin/blue food dye :)

Last edited:
All very good but the second one has swirls that looks like a weather pattern which make it stand out aqainst the rest.

they are quite brilliant :) What are you suing for that lovely black BG? can't just be that your using a "darkened room" can it? surely :confused:

Vi x

Last edited:
thats fantastic, i fancy having a crack at that myself

Thanks! Do, do!

they are quite brilliant :) What are you suing for that lovely black BG? can't just be that your using a "darkened room" can it? surely :confused:

Vi x

Thank you Violet :) Appreciated.

I realised straight after taking the set up apart that people might want pics! The background is a black background sheet, about 1ft behind the bubbles. It is lit from above, with the flash, through one wall of a light box, very closely. So the part of the lightbox in the photo has been editted out and replaced with more black :)

WOW WOW WOW! I love these! This is sooo going to be one of my next projects! I have never seen these before so thanks for the inspiration! Was the flash off camera or on the hot shoe? Brilliant :clap:

WOW WOW WOW! I love these! This is sooo going to be one of my next projects! I have never seen these before so thanks for the inspiration! Was the flash off camera or on the hot shoe? Brilliant :clap:

Thanks so much! :D

The flash was on one of the extension cables that you can get for them. I really need the Infra Red thingymabobs.

This is another one of those pictures where, if done in a darkened room, the shutter speed is irrelevant :)

Back