More bugs

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken outside but the light was still very poor. Having fun - ish anyway.

Woodlouse uncropped.

bug10bc.jpg

Cropped and HDR'd :D

bug35lx.jpg

Greenfly uncropped but HDR'd (probably wants desaturated still)

bug40ga.jpg

Sensor cleaning soon!
TFL.
Ken.

Great results you're getting there Ken.:clap:

Cheers guys, as I said the light was still very, very poor but shutter speeds were a lot faster....just wish I knew were that little thing with 20,000 legs went to.....URGH!

most impressive Ken, detail is outstanding!

Ken's using those old bellows he picked up for about fourpence Matt, with a 2.8 Zeiss Tessar lens.

ohh, does that mean i can get an adaptor for my pentax bellows to fit eos?

going to research this, might have a use for the pentax stuff yet.

As I understand it Ken still hasn't managed to find the adapter he needs and he's getting these results just holding the bellows to the camera.

Thnking about this I bet these bellows are a lot more fun to use with digital than with film with no reciprocity failure to worry about and the camera handling the exposure. Ken's certainly getting some good results.

i'll fasten the bellows to an extention tube so i can mount it on the camera, then add the tamron 90mm, see what can be acheived.

Well done Ken for persevering, top job. (y)

Thanks again Guys,
Matt, There is adapters and mounts out there but with my lack of knowledge on the subject, I just don't know what the mount or adapter is called to purchase it. Someone told me to get a t2 adapter, these come apart and once apart would fit into the bellows.....unfortunately it doesn't, so I no more nails 'd it to the mount that came with the bellows. That has done the trick, no more holding the bellows to the camera, which makes things much easier. As for the lens, it's a 50mm 2.8 tessar which has an aparture ring, allowing aperture selection on bellows/camera without all the faffing around I presume goes with a lens not being connected directly to the camera.

AND it cost a helluva lot more than fourpence! maybe in Ct's day these could have been bought new for that!
Now I've had a bit play I may even be tempted into buying a new set.....It's fun when the weather isn't up to doing landscapes.
Thanks again.
Ken.

Well Ken, I have a pentax 50mm and a set of bellows to fit,
its attaching it to the canon were my problem lies.

I'll see what I can knock together using an extension tube, then have a play.

I've had a little light bulb appear above my head.
I have removed the centre of a canon body cap, then cut out the shapes for the pentax k lugs.
Put the cap onto the bellows and no nailsed it.
All I need now is a small screw to stop the cap from twisting.

All looking good, and all at the cost of a body cap.

I had thought of doing that myself but didn't have a spare cap ans the t2 adapter was only about a tenner.

I had thought of doing that myself but didn't have a spare cap

Is it too late to be of any use to you? I'm sure one of the ones here must be a spare.

yucks.

But good fascinatiing shots. :D

dazzajl said:
Is it too late to be of any use to you? I'm sure one of the ones here must be a spare.
That's very kind of you Daz but it's already no nailsed to the t2 adapter now. I could have easily used one of mine and purchased another from Ebay but, I didn't really fancy my camera hanging from a plastic cap, on the end of the bellows, which in turn are on my tripod.......It'll fall I know it will!
Thanks again though.
Some bad news though......I'm just taking a short break from photographing another bug :p The suns out and I caught this monster.....so thought I'd have another crack at it, pics to follow.:D

Back